Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
Honestly he shouldn't even have his number retired if more years pass. Yeah I said it, what.

If after five years he is still not over what happened then he doesn't deserve to be acknowledged. It is an honor to have your number retired and he should feel grateful. The fact that he doesn't want it to happen until he is good and well ready to be honored is kind of pathetic if you ask me. If I was the packers I would ask him if we can did it this year and if he says no then don't ask again. Him still acting like a baby shows he didn't learn anything from what happened. Time to get off the high horse already jeez.
I've often wondered how much they regret having announced it so soon after he retired the first time. I think it was probably done to "seal" the retirement, thinking the announcement of a date certain would nail the door shut on a possible reconsideration on his part. Of course, it didn't do that, and now it is an awkward commitment that will continually be asked about until it finally occurs.