Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft Day 3

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    NFL.COM
    OK, so you think this board, or some of the people on it, can draft better than Ted.

But when Harvey tells us that NFL.com sets its draft grades early and then they go quickly out of date without frequent updates, do you not believe him?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This was a very happy man today:

Round 6, Pick 5 (180) Vikings ... (From 49ers) Moritz Boehringer WR 6'4" 227 5.4

The first ever European player taken in NFL history !

NFL.COM Draft Profile:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profil...ger?id=2556261
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

CB Maurice Canady
    CB/S Jalen Mills
    CB DeAndre Elliott
    RB Keith Marshall
    CB Kevin Seymour
    OG Alex Redmond
    TE Beau Sandland
    OLB Dadi Nicolas
    CB Kalan Reed
    OLB Stephen Weatherly
    S Tyvis Powell
    S Kavon Frazier
    OG/OC Jake Brendel
    ILB Tyler Matakevich
    ILB Scooby Wright
    OLB James Cowser
    RB Josh Ferguson
    QB Jeff Driskel

WR Charone Peake and Keyarris Garrett are still there, but there's no room on the WR train.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    OK, so you think this board, or some of the people on it, can draft better than Ted.

But when Harvey tells us that NFL.com sets its draft grades early and then they go quickly out of date without frequent updates, do you not believe him?
    You know what I believe pbmax:

What I can read. I believe in my gut instincts as well. I believe in my high intelligence. I believe in my experience and all things sports.

I believe in my common sence to evaluate this Vs that.

I believe in my record to too often be correct in terms of my good ability to analyze.

I'll believe what the Expert Analysts report on the success of TT's latest draft come early next week Vs the other teams in the NFL and specifically those in the NFCN.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    I love the instant draft grades from the chicken littles.
    Truth.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Back to back picks that I've never heard of, OG Wes Schweitzer and CB Blake Countess.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 45m45 minutes ago
    Area scout Sam Seale on Kenny Clark: i believe he has the ability to help us get over the hump.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 44m44 minutes ago
    Seale on 3 Pac-12 players Packers drafted: you have to be player when get here. Football is football. if you're player you're a player.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 43m43 minutes ago
    Seale on ILB Martinez: smart guy, can set defense, big, physical guy, we need physical guy on inside.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 42m42 minutes ago
    Seale on Martinez in nickel: at stanford he played on 3rd down, also can play special teams.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 42m42 minutes ago
    Seale on WR Davis: Speed. I'm an old Raider, speed kills. Once you have speed that's all u need. Very big hands, can catch the football.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 41m41 minutes ago
    Seale on Davis: last year watching games teams dared us to go deep. With this kid i don't think they'll do that.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 40m40 minutes ago
    Seale on Davis: production great for how often they threw him ball They spread ball around. I think he'll be surprise for a lot of people

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 37m37 minutes ago
    Seale on Clark as inside rusher: go back to soph year pretty good. held point, I can pull out film where beat man 1 on 1 and got up field.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hoping for Canady. I really liked him at the Senior Bowl and then he tested very well at the combine.

JennaLaineBucs ‏@JennaLaineBucs 52s53 seconds ago
    #Bengals have selected Cody Core WR Ole Miss #NFLDraft2016

The Bengals and the Chargers (I think) like my PackerDraft Challenge picks.

What will TT do for the Packers future ...next:

We'll know within 5 minutes.

The Sixth Round to TT's Pick:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracke...-grade-input:6

RB's Available:

Pressley, Jhurell RB 5'10" 206 New Mexico 5.4

Ferguson, Josh RB 5'9" 198 Illinois 5.3

Taylor, Kelvin RB 5'10" 207 Florida 5.3
    J
    ohnson, Devon RB 6'0" 238 Marshall 5.3

Marshall, Keith RB 5'11" 219 Georgia 5.2

Coprich, Marshaun RB 5'8" 207 Illinois St. 5.2

Carson, Tra RB 5'11" 227 Texas A&M 5.2
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-30-2016 at 03:43 PM.

Dak Prescott has just been outed as Tony Romo critic on Twitter. He was drafted just a while back to be Cowboys QB.

Packer take:

14. KYLE MURPHY | Stanford 6063|305 lbs|4SR San Clemente, Calif. (San Clemente) 12/11/1993 (age 22) #78
    YEAR (GP/GS) GRADE 5th Round 2012: (14/2) 2 UB MEASUREABLES Arm: 33 1/2 | Hand: 09 3/4 | Wingspan: 80 1/2 2013: (13/5) 5 UB COMBINE BP: 23 (limited workout due to left hamstring) 2014: (13/13) 13 RT PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only) 2015: (14/14) 14 LT Total: (54/34) 14 LT, 13 RT, 7 UB

BACKGROUND: A five-star offensive tackle recruit out of high school, Murphy was courted by all of the usual suspects, committing to Stanford over USC, Florida and Oregon. He was a part-time starter as a true freshman and sophomore, starting seven games as a U-Back (extra blocker) in the Stanford scheme. Murphy started all 13 games at right tackle as a junior, earning Second Team All-Pac 12 honors. With Andrus Peat leaving for the NFL, Murphy moved to left tackle as a senior and started all 14 games in 2015, earning First Team All-Pac 12 honors. He accepted his invitation to the 2016 Senior Bowl.

STRENGTHS: Adequate body type for the position with the frame to get stronger…understands body position with the ability to pull and trap…quick-footed to hook and beat defenders to the spot…climbs with the athleticism and body control to locate and take out defenders at the second level…reliable outside the hashes, throwing his body around on stretch plays…keeps busy and shows bounce in his feet…resets well at the point of attack with strong hands to engage and secure…engages and drives his legs to move defenders in the run game…falls back on his technique, staying true to his coaching…competitive with reliable playing temperament…experienced at both left and right tackle.

WEAKNESSES: Lacks ideal length for the edges…below average recovery quickness and struggles vs. athletic rushers in space…misjudges spacing in his kickslide with poor flexibility, struggling to protect inside run lanes…locked up hips and allows his pads to rise off the snap…can be driven backwards by bull rushers and doesn’t have the core strength to sink and anchor…overextends at the waist and falls off blocks…lacks the hand strength to corral and sustain active rushers, allowing them into his body…hands slide off targets and needs to load more ammo into his punch…inconsistent technique leads to balance issues…grabby and often caught with a fistful of jersey.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Stanford, Murphy did a nice job at right tackle as a junior and held his own on the left side in 2015, forming one of the best blocking combinations on the left side with Josh Garnett. He is effective when he stays square to defenders, but needs to keep his feet underneath him in space as his technique tends to break down vs. speed. Murphy has core strength, leverage and arm length issues, not playing with the required sand to halt-and-sustain rushers at the point of attack. He lacks the physical or athletic traits to make up for his lack of strength, but he has the instincts and growth potential to compete for a starting job in the NFL by year two – square positional blocker with small margin for error.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I'm surprised he went this high as well, huge character risk, didn't he get a resisting arrest/fleeing the scene charge on top of everything else? That's some bad decision making there.
    He's really good, I was hoping his little incident would make him be a UDFA and we'd snaggle him somehow.

The arrest and shit?

In a big city, nothing probably would have come of it.

It was stupid, but so are college kids.

Murphy is a good player. Has an injury, but I had him projected as a 4th round pick. Just didn't think they'd double dip at OT. Perhaps TT envisions one of these guys kicking inside to OG. The depth at OL could be stellar now.

Murphy was my 12th rated OT. Fits a zone scheme very well. Productive.

What I can read. I believe in my gut instincts as well. I believe in my high intelligence. I believe in my experience and all things sports.

I believe in my record to too often be correct in terms of my good ability to analyze.

I'll believe what the Expert Analysts report on the success of TT's latest draft come early next week Vs the other teams in the NFL and specifically those in the NFCN.
    Well, I would love to read the rest of your analysis. But your criticism of the WR pick seemed to start and end with a series of grades of other WR that were higher than Davis'. And Harvey has been talking for a while that those NFL.com grades are not well maintained.

So before we call for Ted's resignation, let's find out why you think all those other WR are better than Davis.

We should also remember that the last two Ted drafts might have been among his very best.

24(199) Bengals Core, Cody WR 6'3" 205 Mississippi 5.3

25(200) Packers Murphy, Kyle OT 6'6" 305 Stanford 5.2

26(201) Jaguars (From Steelers) Allen, Brandon QB 6'1" 217 Arkansas 5.4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

OF COURSE SOME OF US CAN !! lol
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Be cool, Woody.

It's your annual draft day meltdown.

Screw all the charts, rankings, & ratings.

Wait til camp, then you can see what we got for Christmas.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Murphy is a good player. Has an injury, but I had him projected as a 4th round pick. Just didn't think they'd double dip at OT. Perhaps TT envisions one of these guys kicking inside to OG. The depth at OL could be stellar now.

Murphy was my 12th rated OT. Fits a zone scheme very well. Productive.

We've seen a couple times when TT prepares for a departure or two. Probably a good idea to get replacement in a year ahead
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Must.....resist......saying hurtful things to a melting down Woodbuck even though it's funny

Must.....resist!!!!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.