Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft Day 3

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Well, I would love to read the rest of your analysis. But your criticism of the WR pick seemed to start and end with a series of grades of other WR that were higher than Davis'. And Harvey has been talking for a while that those NFL.com grades are not well maintained.

So before we call for Ted's resignation, let's find out why you think all those other WR are better than Davis.

We should also remember that the last two Ted drafts might have been among his very best.
    Now your into a re-direct...I'm focusing on TT's 5th Rd. WR pick...OK.

TT made that WR pick with clearly > 3 dozen other WR's ranked higher than his guy.

Now unless you believe in one year miracles I doubt that TT's guy at WR suddenly exceeded the strengths of all of those other 3 dozen or so WR's.

TT blew that pick if he wanted help for the Packers. Other WR's were certainly more NFL ready and some as capable of a better ST effort than the skinflint he chose.

TT was likely enamoured with his speed....sold on that.

Straight line speed doesn't translate to football skill at the NFL level.

Suck it up pbmax...TT blew that pick to blazes.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

That's it, right? We're done till after?

I had never heard of this 4th round TE from Princeton that Cleveland took, and thought "WTF". Then, I looked at his measurables. Great measurables. 6'4" 245, 4.68 40, 4.18 shuttle, 6.96 3 cone, 40" vertical, 125" broad jump. Notwithstanding they were measured at a Pro Day, that's the best in this TE draft class, and it's not even close. No matter how hard you try, guys fall through the cracks.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Must.....resist......saying hurtful things to a melting down Woodbuck even though it's funny

Must.....resist!!!!
    I'm never melting down JH...just too often ...capable of seeing things in a way that is stated strongly.

I use my intelligence intelligently. I have every right to my views.

Agree with me or NOT doesn't change the water on the beans.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I've seen the left coast guys play but have no clue about any of the others taken. I still want to see a 3rd down change of pace guy taken in case Monty is toast.
    C.H.U.D.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=HarveyWallbangers;884910]I had never heard of this 4th round TE from Princeton that Cleveland took, and thought "WTF". Then, I looked at his measurables. Great measurables. 6'4" 245, 4.68 40, 4.18 shuttle, 6.96 3 cone, 40" vertical, 125" broad jump. Notwithstanding they were measured at a Pro Day, that's the best in this TE draft class, and it's not even close. No matter how hard you try, guys fall through the cracks.[/QUOTE]

but but..........CLEVELAND never gets those guys ))
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'm never melting down JH...just too often ...capable of seeing things in a way that is stated strongly.

I use my intelligence intelligently. I have every right to my views.

Agree with me or NOT doesn't change the water on the beans.
    Good, it's not worth it . I stopped trusting my all powerful intelligence the year I hated the Matthews pick and then Matthews became our best defensive player drafted in decades. From then forward it was, "in ted I trust"
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Be cool, Woody.

It's your annual draft day meltdown.

Screw all the charts, rankings, & ratings.

Wait til camp, then you can see what we got for Christmas.
    TT pisses me off...a lot.

of course your correct KYPack...I'll be fine by next Wednesday...or Thursday....or Friday.......

I think Ted is out to pick up a Pac-12 all star team this year
    Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another.
    Vince Lombardi

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

Wait til camp, then you can see what we got for Christmas.
    yup
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Good, it's not worth it . I stopped trusting my all powerful intelligence the year I hated the Matthews pick and then Matthews became our best defensive player drafted in decades. From then forward it was, "in ted I trust"
    Good for you JH.

Blog Entries
    I like all of the info Woody shares as well as Harv's info. Gives us two sets of players to look at. Since TT hardly ever cuts his own draft picks, and hightly doubtful he'll cut the Fresno Fraud, either Janis or Abby are probably toast
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Now your into a re-direct...I'm focusing on TT's 5th Rd. WR pick...OK.

TT made that WR pick with clearly > 3 dozen other WR's ranked higher than his guy.

Now unless you believe in one year miracles I doubt that TT's guy at WR suddenly exceeded the strengths of all of those other 3 dozen or so WR's.

TT blew that pick if he wanted help for the Packers. Other WR's were certainly more NFL ready and some as capable of a better ST effort than the skinflint he chose.

TT was likely enamoured with his speed....sold on that.

Straight line speed doesn't translate to football skill at the NFL level.

Suck it up pbmax...TT blew that pick to blazes.
    By that logic the teams that have also blown their picks for a WR are: Texans, Rams, Patriots, Dolphins, Browns, Chiefs, Bills, Titans, Vikings, Bengals & Ravens as they have all selected a WR with a grade that was lower than Charone Peake who has a 5.8 rating by NFL.com.

Will you also now be condemning those GMs as well?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

The Bengals' SB Nation page thought Murphy might look good in orange and black. http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/4/27...an-kyle-murphy
    Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another.
    Vince Lombardi

Remember that year the Packers took some scrub named Greg Jennings instead of the future All Pro Chad Jackson?

Well, if the NFL starts and ends with the big guys, we had a big draft. Two OL, two DL, two LBs, and a very speedy WR. If we needed to get bigger, we did it. I don't care what the "experts" say about our draft. I'll give it a few years and decide for myself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Remember that year the Packers took some scrub named Greg Jennings instead of the future All Pro Chad Jackson?
    And Devonte Adams over Allan Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    By that logic the teams that have also blown their picks for a WR are: Texans, Rams, Patriots, Dolphins, Browns, Chiefs, Bills, Titans, Vikings, Bengals & Ravens as they have all selected a WR with a grade that was lower than Charone Peake who has a 5.8 rating by NFL.com.

Will you also now be condemning those GMs as well?
    Dear God....I'll not insult or initiate a duel with you ... rather I'll be patient with your counter argument:

OK..... I'll try it this way:

Think about TT's position relative to what he picked at WR relevant to the 36-39 WR's he might rather have selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I like all of the info Woody shares as well as Harv's info. Gives us two sets of players to look at. Since TT hardly ever cuts his own draft picks, and hightly doubtful he'll cut the Fresno Fraud, either Janis or Abby are probably toast
    Janis and Abby are TTs draft picks, too.

Dean Lowry is tied with Datone Jones for best athlete at DE that Thompson has taken.
    Jason Spriggs is the most athletic OL that Thompson has taken.
    Trevor Davis is the third most athletic WR that Thompson has taken behind Terrence Murphy and Jeff Janis.

Mind you, this is based on measurables at the combine, and I fully acknowledge that sometimes guys don't play as well as they time. I find it interesting nonetheless. The rest of the guys kind of fit Thompson's wheelhouse for athleticism. The two LBs are right in the middle of the players that Thompson has taken. Since Martinez is about the same in this draft class, there's nothing to read from that. Thompson usually goes for guys that are near the top athletically at OLB. Clark is right in the middle. Athletically, he's pretty similar to Raji (although Raji was much bigger) and Josh Boyd. Yet, Clark ranked near the top among this draft class for 3-4 NTs. Some of the other guys though projected more as 3-4 DEs but I have them listed as DTs. Murphy didn't test because of an injury. It's rare that Thompson takes somebody that wasn't able to test at all.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson