Thread: Damarious Randall, 2015 First Round Pick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Of all the picks Ted made, this is the one I don't like the most. They obviously had lower grades on all the ILB's but Kendricks or Anthony would step in and provide great value almost immediately. I'm sure Randall is a good player but I'm just not seeing how he brings more value than one of those two guys at the 30 spot.

He looks like he will be a great special teamer and perhaps a great boundary cover corner but he'll have to be that to bring greater value than one of the two ILB's I think. I'm not apoplectic about his tackling but I don't think anyone is going to value him in the slot for run support over Hyde or Hayward.

It'll be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Of all the picks Ted made, this is the one I don't like the most. They obviously had lower grades on all the ILB's but Kendricks or Anthony would step in and provide great value almost immediately. I'm sure Randall is a good player but I'm just not seeing how he brings more value than one of those two guys at the 30 spot.

He looks like he will be a great special teamer and perhaps a great boundary cover corner but he'll have to be that to bring greater value than one of the two ILB's I think. I'm not apoplectic about his tackling but I don't think anyone is going to value him in the slot for run support over Hyde or Hayward.

It'll be interesting to see how this one plays out.
    This is a passing league in which teams now throw 68% of the time. Finding replacements Williams and House imo was more important the replacing Hawk and Jones. I also think getting Jake Ryan in the 4th made up for not drafting a ILB with the 1st pick, I really like this kid and see him as a future starter for us. I think it also means we are going to see Clay Matthews at ILB a lot this upcoming season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    This is a passing league in which teams now throw 68% of the time. Finding replacements Williams and House imo was more important the replacing Hawk and Jones. I also think getting Jake Ryan in the 4th made up for not drafting a ILB with the 1st pick, I really like this kid and see him as a future starter for us. I think it also means we are going to see Clay Matthews at ILB a lot this upcoming season.
    I can buy that. I do think he's very sticky covering 1 on 1 - and not in the Ahmad Carroll sense - and makes plays on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Agreed, and I think they are willing to overlook tackling deficiencies in a CB if they think he will provide tight coverage, especially if he has a knack for interceptions.