Thread: Packers hire Brian Gutekunst as GM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shall we call him Gut or Gute?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Gute is phonetically correct and also a nod to his Minnesota heritage. Like lukefisk, notice the "e" in there?

I like it. The packers have had their personnel team raided the last several years. This might be our last strong, capable and ready guy in the wings. Now we have to keep it going. Thompson will still scout and advise. So that’s very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I like it. The packers have had their personnel team raided the last several years. This might be our last strong, capable and ready guy in the wings. Now we have to keep it going. Thompson will still scout and advise. So that’s very helpful.
    Do you really think this? If it was a planned transition, then sure. But if it wasn't, it sure sounds like he was given a token title and severance for a year.

I also really want to know how much of Russ Ball's front runner status was an invention of the coverage.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

OK, last of the bad attitude:

Predict when BG will have to fire the guy who might have paved the way (M3) for his ascension?

If Spoon was right in his assessment of this as a win for M3, then its the worst reason to hire a GM. I don't care if the coach survives in his job, I want the fundamentals of the franchise maintained and McCarthy doesn't represent a key cog there.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Gute is phonetically correct and also a nod to his Minnesota heritage. Like lukefisk, notice the "e" in there?
    Of course, we could also use the back end of his name and call him Kunst. "That Kunst is really on fire in the draft this year." Then, when he inevitably disappoints us in a major way, we can drop the "s" and really let him have it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post

Gooter has a nice ring; we need a nickname !!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?