View Poll Results: Who Should TT Draft In The 1st Round?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Williams - OLB - Alabama

0 0%
  • Teez Tabor - CB - Florida

1 4.76%
  • Malik McDowell - DT - Michigan St.

0 0%
  • Cordrea Tankersley - CB - Clemson

1 4.76%
  • Takkirist McKinley - OLB - UCLA

1 4.76%
  • Forrest Lamp - G - W. Kentucky

1 4.76%
  • T.J. Watt - OLB - Wisconsin

7 33.33%
  • Desmond King - CB - Iowa

2 9.52%
  • Cam Robinson - OT - Alabama

0 0%
  • Trade Up For...

3 14.29%
  • Trade down for...

0 0%
  • Other

5 23.81%

Thread: Who Should TT Draft In The 1st Round?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    I think I'm starting to get on the Watt band wagon. Not sure why its taken me this long. Loved watching the kid with the Badgers.

Definitely understand your thought process Mad. But there are multiple ways to improve the play of the DBs. Adding pass rush is one of those ways. I think the top of the CB list will be picked over by 29. Prolly cost too much to jump up and get one, so might as well do next best thing. Improve pass rush, IF possible, and look to better value in 2nd or 3rd round for a CB.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    I think I'm starting to get on the Watt band wagon. Not sure why its taken me this long. Loved watching the kid with the Badgers.

Definitely understand your thought process Mad. But there are multiple ways to improve the play of the DBs. Adding pass rush is one of those ways. I think the top of the CB list will be picked over by 29. Prolly cost too much to jump up and get one, so might as well do next best thing. Improve pass rush, IF possible, and look to better value in 2nd or 3rd round for a CB.
    They'd need an elite pass rusher to compensate for the CB play last year, and I don't think they'd get that at or near #29. If they just need to leapfrog Dallas to secure a CB like Tankersley, I'd say go for it. Although this board may not survive the Packers having a CB named Tank...
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Although this board may not survive the Packers having a CB named Tank...
    Ha!

Blog Entries

I am with you; remember this dude started at UW as a Tight end and moved to ILB; nice ceiling and huge motor.....think Aaron Kampman at OLB. Adding pass rush tempers the fact that our CB's suck....and there will be very good CB's there in rounds 2 and 3.

If an elite pass rusher is there.........GET HIM
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I am with you; remember this dude started at UW as a Tight end and moved to ILB; nice ceiling and huge motor.....think Aaron Kampman at OLB. Adding pass rush tempers the fact that our CB's suck....and there will be very good CB's there in rounds 2 and 3.

Yep. I can cover Antonio Brown if Big Ben is on his ass in 1.4 seconds.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Ok...maybe even a little quicker to give me a chance.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Ok...maybe even a little quicker to give me a chance.
    Clay has probably lost a step, but right now, he is still the best pass rush option that the team has, and that should be somewhat concerning now that he is north of 30. They should be thinking multiple pass rushers! Now, I'm not saying in a row or super high up in the draft, but somewhere in the draft or priority free agency or one in the draft and one in priority free agency. You can't have enough good rusher backers in a 3-4.

That said, if Christian McCaffrey is there to be picked, go get him. With our recent mixed to meh results of picking defenders at the end of the first round, get the BAP or guy most likely to be an individual talent. If you are TT and you knew you could make the offense that much more balanced and dangerous, with a weapon like McCaffrey, you have to do it. If you are TT, you have to trust that there are enough good pass rushers, defensive backs, guards and anything else needed on your big board, and that you will have an opportunity to pick one of them, but you must pick the rare talent always!
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Clay has probably lost a step, but right now, he is still the best pass rush option that the team has, !
    Clay was nowhere near Nick Perry last year. He never was that great of a pass rusher. And I will toot my horn. I told you he would never equal Kampman's 15.5 sack season and I was right (but it would be nice to be wrong this year!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...017&genpos=OLB
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Thanks for posting this kid... absolutely loved his tape. I can easily see Hassan Reddick being a pro bowl player. Every snap of every game I watched of - he was the best player on the field.

Don't think he'll be there be there at our 2nd pick, but would love to see Cunningham in the 1st and Reddick in the 2nd.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The write-ups I read of him have as an OLB, but I see him as being so versatile that I think he can play anywhere. Would never have to come off the field. Would immediately become the best LB on our roster.

The question for this kid I think would be - do you spring for him in the 1st round??
    wist

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Thanks for posting this kid... absolutely loved his tape. I can easily see Hassan Reddick being a pro bowl player. Every snap of every game I watched of - he was the best player on the field.

Don't think he'll be there be there at our 2nd pick, but would love to see Cunningham in the 1st and Reddick in the 2nd.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The write-ups I read of him have as an OLB, but I see him as being so versatile that I think he can play anywhere. Would never have to come off the field. Would immediately become the best LB on our roster.

The question for this kid I think would be - do you spring for him in the 1st round??
    Everything on this kid I've seen has him going well before 29. If he fell that far I'd sprint to the podium. (Is that the first sprint to the podium comment made so far this off season?) I'm with you Wist, snatch this guy up if possible. Should be quality CB in the 2nd.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Blog Entries
    Everything on this kid I've seen has him going well before 29. If he fell that far I'd sprint to the podium. (Is that the first sprint to the podium comment made so far this off season?) I'm with you Wist, snatch this guy up if possible. Should be quality CB in the 2nd.

Consider this a RINGING ENDORSEMENT from Bretsky

He'd be a great draft pick for Green Bay and I'd be elated if he was there
    I just don't think he will be
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Haven't investigated too in-depth yet... first write up I saw him had him in 2nd-3rd round. Based on what I saw, I'd definitely have him in the 1st.

Maybe TT can trade up?? One can dream...

Would actually rather have reddick over Cunningham, but I like Cunningham over McKinley.
    wist