Thread: Rasul Douglas Traded To Bills

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Given all the problems on this team, I honestly don't think trading Rasul moves the needle THAT much.

They aren't a playoff contender, they aren't even a good team right now.

Trading him gives them a cheap 4 year deal from that R3 pick, $7M in cap space, and developmental snaps for Valentine.

I like Rasul and am sorry to see him go, but I don't think it's a bad deal. PFF grades or not, he got burned against DET. He's a smart guy and has good size they could have really used against Puca Nakua this week, but he's not a speedster and he gambles. He's not going to get any better than he is.
    Their window is at best in 2025, he will be past his prime or likely gone by then. Gute is looking to the future with this pick. The present is a 6-7 win team at best.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Given all the problems on this team, I honestly don't think trading Rasul moves the needle THAT much.

They aren't a playoff contender, they aren't even a good team right now.

Trading him gives them a cheap 4 year deal from that R3 pick, $7M in cap space, and developmental snaps for Valentine.

I like Rasul and am sorry to see him go, but I don't think it's a bad deal. PFF grades or not, he got burned against DET. He's a smart guy and has good size they could have really used against Puca Nakua this week, but he's not a speedster and he gambles. He's not going to get any better than he is.
    Their window is at best in 2025, he will be past his prime or likely gone by then. Gute is looking to the future with this pick. The present is a 6-7 win team at best.
    the chances of them finding a player the caliber of douglas with that 3rd round picks is about 10%

add in the fact that is now our pick, and gutebag can't find shit in the 3rd and that brings it to about a 2% chance of finding a player of the same quality with that pick

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    the chances of them finding a player the caliber of douglas with that 3rd round picks is about 10%

add in the fact that is now our pick, and gutebag can't find shit in the 3rd and that brings it to about a 2% chance of finding a player of the same quality with that pick
    The chances you give here are reasonable. We do save the money, so that’s one small benefit. But the odds of us getting better are slim to none. Rasul was worth every penny. I doubt Gute can spend that small amount of money any better than it was spent on Sul.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.