Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
I think we have top 10 talent on defense - that's my bitch against dunderdummy.

Still, you can have all the talent in the world, but if the coaching staff is playing a guy like Raji at CB, and Sam Shields at NT - it aint gonna be pretty. What Dom has done the last 2 years has been unwatchable. A lot of legitimate excuses can be made for 2011, and that falls more on TT, but dunderidiot has been given enough talent to excel, if not dominate.

It is true that TT has not brought in personnel that fit a 3-4, or a 2-4 for that matter - but it is up to the DC to make that work - dunderidiot hasn't done that at all... he keeps running his same old scheme, despite the fact that the players don't fit it.

It'll be interesting to see how he plays the 2-4 in run/pass situations this year, now that he really can't go to his beloved, and mindnumbingly idiotic "jumbo nickel". My guess is that if he lines up in the 2-4 on 3rd and 3, with his DT's being Daniels and Jones - we're gonna get run over pretty consistently. We were 27th in rushing yds allowed last year - if DD doesn't adjust to his personnel, we'll be there again.

I've been saying for a few years now... I like a lot of the defensive talent - if I like the talent, and hate how they're being used, and the results are pathetic... well, I don't think it takes Columbo to figure out that the blame rests with the DC.

Either that, or the talent really does suck - in which case the blame rests with TT... it's one or the other.

top 10 talent on defense ...wow.....I might try to argue we are average there. our dl's are ok at best but probably below average. our ilb's are junk....our olb's might be elite between Matthews and peppers. The safeties are improved...I think....but average would be a fair assessment. cb's are above average but not elite.

I would consider our talent on defense to be average and expect a 15-20 range defense if we keep our health.

if you think we have top 10 talent on defense you wlll hate dom again this year

Don't mistake this for supporting dom...I think he is average at best......but I don't think he's nearly as bad as you d