Thread: Bryan Bulaga

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Great thread title. Drew me in!

I still have these visions in my head of Bulaga playing like total crap against Seattle in the 'fail mary' game. I'm glad the Packers have a number of tackles to compete for the starting position. I have no idea how well this guy will play.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post

I still have these visions in my head of Bulaga playing like total crap against Seattle in the 'fail mary' game. I'm glad the Packers have a number of tackles to compete for the starting position. I have no idea how well this guy will play.
    That was BB's fugliest game.

My impression of him he is a C student. He's a hard worker and stays in great shape. He's not all that athletic and holds his own vs average competition. Against the elite, his average skills show up and he tends to freak out and lose it. He is probably a sometime starter and a guy who can play multiple positions. He will probably help somebody, but I dunno if that team is the GBP.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

My impression of him he is a C student. He's a hard worker and stays in great shape. He's not all that athletic and holds his own vs average competition. Against the elite, his average skills show up and he tends to freak out and lose it. He is probably a sometime starter and a guy who can play multiple positions. He will probably help somebody, but I dunno if that team is the GBP.
    Really? Just a "C" and a sometime starter?
    I thought he was pretty good in 2011, and in 2012 except for those couple early season games. I'm not advocating him to be named All-Pro, but if he is healthy I think of him as a solid starter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I thought he was pretty good in 2011, and in 2012 except for those couple early season games. I'm not advocating him to be named All-Pro, but if he is healthy I think of him as a solid starter.
    The "sometime" is bc he's hurt a lot. I think he's a RT or a G. I could see him going to a club that wants a guy who can play multi positions and always give full effort. The awful game he had for us was at RT. He might be a RT for some teams, maybe us. But I can't see him getting starting T money. Hopefully, he's learned a lot in his downtime.

If he blossoms for us, it'll be a big bonus. If that happens, I'll cheerfully upgrade him to a "B" kinda guy. He has played pretty well for us, but I don't recall him taking on another team's "bull" and neutralizing him.

Last year when he was healthy most folks considered he and Bak to the one of the top tackle tandems in the league. Too bad he has been injured so much. If he can return in 2018 I wonder if he could move to R or LG?

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

I will sum it up....I long for Daryn College.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Well, I think you can have him. Isn't he a free agent?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    take it to FYI
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Thanks, I do spend a lot of time trying to get just the right hook to draw people in.
    I agonized over this one a lot. ("Bulaga"? "B. Bulaga"? "BB"?) But the time was well-spent. Seven minutes after I started the thread, your response was entered.
    Last edited by Patler; 05-06-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks, I do spend a lot of time trying to get just the right hook to draw people in.
    I agonized over this one a lot. ("Bulaga"? "B. Bulaga"? "BB"?) But the time was well-spent. Seven minutes after I started the thread, your response was entered.