Thread: CM3 and peppers to be suspended indefinitely if they don't talk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The NFLPA is as useless as any other union.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The NFLPA is as useless as any other union.
    Yup, the NFL players have it so horrible compared to the 60s.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Yup, the NFL players have it so horrible compared to the 60s.
    The point wasn't how bad off players are. The point was that when you really need them unions are useless. They do not have your back as they imply. They are however good at taking money from their members.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The point wasn't how bad off players are. The point was that when you really need them unions are useless. They do not have your back as they imply. They are however good at taking money from their members.
    The players themselves are to blame for the last CBA they signed giving Roger Goddell absolute authority. It doesn't matter what court or legal theory they try the NFL trots out the ratified and signed CBA and they win.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

bs considering the guy recanted. so there's no story.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    How do you know he was truthful when recanting and not when he told the original stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    How do you know he was truthful when recanting and not when he told the original stories?
    Well, we can't know for sure, but the NFL has talked to Manning and found no credible evidence that the original story was true. My guess is the guy recanted to avoid a lawsuit, either by one of the players, or by the company.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    This is the important part. The rest of this is just checking boxes. I thought there might be something to this when they reported Mike Neal made a demonstrably false statement in his affidavit to the League. But the false statement wasn't about this incident, his affidavit said he failed to mention his previous suspension for a positive PED test.

On the other hand, Goodell is doing a good job of assuring a job action in 2018/19.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    The players themselves are to blame for the last CBA they signed giving Roger Goddell absolute authority. It doesn't matter what court or legal theory they try the NFL trots out the ratified and signed CBA and they win.
    Goodell has always been the arbitrator of last resort in the CBA in most respects. So was Tagliabue. The language did not change. What did change was Roger availing himself of it more often and inventing new levels of sentencing based on the public reaction.

There are other areas where grievances are sent to a neutral arbitrator, but they are limited to contracts I believe. Drug and Alcohol and Conduct have never had outside arbitration.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...-cba-and-nflpa
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.