Thread: More Banjo: Week 3 vs Lions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The offense disappeared on the scoreboard, field position and first downs when they ran more. The defense needed more help than just bleeding time.
    I think I agree more with max and red that the offense became too conservative in the second half, which is certainly a trait of McCarthy when he gets a big lead. That isn't necessarily a trait that will doom your team, but it isn't one that is going to help your team either. With the Packer defense today basically trying to hold itself together with duct tape and band-aids, the offense needed to be more aggressive and score as many points as possible.

While the Lions certainly played better in the 2nd half and made sure we weren't going to score 31 additional, the fact that we only got a field goal in the second half and couldn't really put the dagger into a very hapless Lions team is concerning. I'm not lighting a pitchfork on fire and storming the Packer front offices on Monday, but there is a certain level of accountability that needs to happen...McCarthy should stand up and admit that he and the team need to work on this issue.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I think I agree more with max and red that the offense became too conservative in the second half, which is certainly a trait of McCarthy when he gets a big lead. That isn't necessarily a trait that will doom your team, but it isn't one that is going to help your team either. With the Packer defense today basically trying to hold itself together with duct tape and band-aids, the offense needed to be more aggressive and score as many points as possible.

While the Lions certainly played better in the 2nd half and made sure we weren't going to score 31 additional, the fact that we only got a field goal in the second half and couldn't really put the dagger into a very hapless Lions team is concerning. I'm not lighting a pitchfork on fire and storming the Packer front offices on Monday, but there is a certain level of accountability that needs to happen...McCarthy should stand up and admit that he and the team need to work on this issue.
    except in nfc championship games of course