Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle cheats

Seattle cheats

so what is the reason for the seahawks secondary being so good? they cheat

at least according to Mike Pereira and Kevin Gilbride

and no its not just the PED thing

they commit pass interference on almost every pass according to those two. they do it because they no the refs don't want to slow down the game by calling PI on every single pass, instead they only got called 13 times all year, less then once a game

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...10500005285822

to me this is absolutely unacceptable. break the rules so much that they stop calling it? are you kidding me?

if this is true then the nfl has a lot of explaining to to. and i think it would be great if the refs come out this weekend and throw a flag on them every single time they actually commit a foul

Dammit Red, I posted the same thing
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Dammit Red, I posted the same thing
    asshole

Quietly, the Seahawks have achieved a 13-3 record and home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs by exploiting a loophole: NFL referees are reluctant to throw endless flags for pass interference and defensive holding, even if defenses deserve them.

"They look at it and say, 'We may get called for one but not 10,'" said Mike Pereira, a former NFL vice president of officiating who is now a Fox analyst.
    There is a certain brilliance to this approach: Since 2001, nine teams have committed 20 or more of these penalties (including this season's Seahawks). None of them had a losing record, and most of them won big
    This style of play seems to suit House well also, as he's pretty comfortable mugging receivers. He played his best game of the year in the playoffs because he was allowed to get away with a lot of PI. Was he playing that way earlier in the year?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    asshole
    slut

That would be awesome if the refs started out the game flagging Seattle's DBs, and be dammed if it slowed the game down.

If this was basketball, there would be dueling press conferences with coaches complaining about these (non) calls.

Phil Jackson, isn't doing anything, Payton should give him a call.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries

they commit pass interference on almost every pass according to those two. they do it because they no the refs don't want to slow down the game by calling PI on every single pass, instead they only got called 13 times all year, less then once a game

to me this is absolutely unacceptable. break the rules so much that they stop calling it? are you kidding me?

if this is true then the nfl has a lot of explaining to to. and i think it would be great if the refs come out this weekend and throw a flag on them every single time they actually commit a foul
    Go back and look at tape of Charles Woodson
    That is how he's survived so long in the NFL
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    When its Woodson, that is veteran savvy. When its an entire team, that is sociopath Pete Carroll.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    woodson did plenty of pushing and grabbing, seattle is flat out bear hugging guys and not getting called

Blog Entries
    Each individual game now has it's own set of rules. How the refs are gonna call PI, holding, & other grabby calls determines the outcome of every game. It varies so much, there is absolutely no consistency.

Right now, I see no way the Seahawks don't win the SB.

That's why I'm rooting for the Saints today!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    When its Woodson, that is veteran savvy. When its an entire team, that is sociopath Pete Carroll.
    Actually that was the Packer's MO when they had Woodson and Harris in press coverage. Other teams and announcers said the same thing - that the Packers were holding and interfering on every pass. It worked and the calls didn't happen. On the other hand, Ahmad Carroll got called all the time. So either you have to have a reputation as a good corner, or just be good in the way you hold to not get called every time.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    There are two reasons why this happens;
    1) If you interfere on every play, they have to decide to call everything. Especially in playoff games, they want to let the players play, so they let it go - and they don't want the game to bog down.
    2) the d-backs can interfere effectively. Much like the Patriots of the last decade, these guys know how to interfere and not get burned. It is an art. Some d-backs would get get tossed aside. Seattle d-backs are big enough to withstand the bigger NFL receivers (Think Marshall, Jeffrey, Megatron).

General principle for NFL rules: learn them well, and then learn how to break them without getting caught.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Actually that was the Packer's MO when they had Woodson and Harris in press coverage. Other teams and announcers said the same thing - that the Packers were holding and interfering on every pass. It worked and the calls didn't happen. On the other hand, Ahmad Carroll got called all the time. So either you have to have a reputation as a good corner, or just be good in the way you hold to not get called every time.
    But each was different from the other. When young Tramon tried Al's stuff, he had a penalty filled year.

Al would bang the guy right away and continue to fight sometimes past 5 yards. He got calls for holding.

Woodson was elbowing, clutching, and sending elbows into guys (not to hurt but to slow and redirect them while help him recover) after the pattern started. He got more PI than Al I would bet.

I think that helps. Seahawk efforts would be wiped out with one point of emphasis this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    General principle for NFL rules: learn them well, and then learn how to break them without getting caught.
    I call it the NASCAR Crew Chief effect. Everyone's doing something so you better be as well. Someday it will be revealed what Jimmy Johnson is doing with Chad Knaus' help.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    This style of play seems to suit House well also, as he's pretty comfortable mugging receivers. He played his best game of the year in the playoffs because he was allowed to get away with a lot of PI. Was he playing that way earlier in the year?
    I was going to bring that up...House really abused the WRs and was for the most part, effective during the SF game. Troy and Buck mentioned it a few times.

Why is it sometimes called and other times not? Interesting that pbmax mentioned the NBA, because I think there's a certain parallel there - the stars get the beneficial calls and are allowed the 'continuation', in DB terms that means being allowed to continue contact after 5 yards. How do you become a star in the first place? Be effective. Carrol got called all the time because he'd interfere with the WR then they'd catch a TD pass anyways! Woodson would elbow a guy, who'd change direction and he'd cut off the route and make the INT.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

NFL reffing crews have a wide variability when it comes to making certain calls.

beautifully timed article. hope it gets results.

The Seahawks being cheap shots/borderline cheaters? Never!

Who remembers this?

Reputation Red. A couple years ago (2010) we finally got over the reputation for committing pass interference. Before that we got called for looking at receivers the wrong way. These "hard nosed" defenses are extremely physical. They PI all the time, they hold and pull. Why do you think that in a game that the officials were too cold to call PI or nearly anything subjective our D suddenly looked much better. I was just shocked that our D figured it out and started playing that way.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.