Thread: PACKERS STILL HOPING SPRIGGS TRADE/DRAFT PICK WILL PAN OUT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Has Kenny Clark really been a good player so far? I guess I viewed him as still TBD. I haven't been following the Packers super closely though.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Has Kenny Clark really been a good player so far? I guess I viewed him as still TBD. I haven't been following the Packers super closely though.
    yeah. i think the coaches love the guy!

Pretty bold declaring it a bad draft then.

In my opinion, Clark was worthy of a D1. He shows up against first string O-Lineman and consistently gets push.
    Spriggs is already twice as good as Barclay every was pass protecting. I only got to watch the first half on game pass before falling asleep last night. One of his sacks was technique error, one depends on who missed the assignment (Spriggs, Hundley, etc). So I don't see him as bad as Sherrod or Barclay on the edge. So far, he seems to fit the bill as a second round draft pick--he still has work to do, but it's clear he has ability
    Fackrell seems like a complete whiff. But a draft is only about 50/50 overall for any contribution.
    Martinez isn't anything special, but he seems to belong in the NFL.
    Lowry is definitely starter material. GB seems to do well finding lineman in the 4th.
    Davis has speed and talent, both enough for the NFL, but he's just inconsistent enough. Needs to get over that hump. Could be this year. But WRs in McCarthy's system can take 3-4 years unless they're shifty slot receivers like Greg Jennings or Cobb.
    Murphy sounds like a player by all accounts. He's apparently playing second string at RT, but I don't notice him during games. Sounds like he's consistent. And writers are suggested he try to back up the LT, so he's definitely doing well. Pretty good for a D6.

So with 4 definite hits (Clark, Martinez, Lowry, and Murphy) out of 7 (8 if you count Spriggs as 2), they're at the norm of 50% now. If Spriggs or Davis turn out, it's an above average draft. If Clark becomes really good (supposedly D-Line is supposed to take longer than this to develop), it's a great draft.

So far, it appears Clark and Lowry are the only ones with a shot to rise above and maybe become pro-bowl capable (Clark more than Lowry). So not a Rodgers/Collins draft, but not bad either.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

He's looked like a beast this preseason. Shit, I didn't see either game, and even I know that.

Blog Entries

I was not that excited about Kenny Clark; but I was wrong
    The dude balls out. I think worst case is he's a very good DL
    I can see Pro Bowl for him down the road. He makes plays
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?