Thread: MCGINN----Bennett and Kendricks Bring Toughness

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    You do need to be able to run. Once we were one dimensional, Atlanta pinned back the ears and had Rodgers scrambling for his life.
    Bob isn't saying you need to run to balance out the threats to your passing attack. He wants a big back to succeed in the cold of Lambeau come December.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Bob isn't saying you need to run to balance out the threats to your passing attack. He wants a big back to succeed in the cold of Lambeau come December.
    I understand. What I disagree with is that it takes a big back. A good OL and a normal back will suffice. The problem with building a team around winning in Lambeau in December is that the superbowl is played in a warm area.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I understand. What I disagree with is that it takes a big back. A good OL and a normal back will suffice. The problem with building a team around winning in Lambeau in December is that the superbowl is played in a warm area.
    Not only suffice but better - give Montgomery or Michael or whatever speed back the same blocking that it takes to get a plodder like Lacy yardage, and the speed guy will get you a lot more yards. Miss blocks or get pushed back, and most everybody this side of Jim Brown will lose yardage.

And how long has it been since the turf was so frozen that it really affected things? I mean Ice Bowl bad.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?