View Poll Results: Who should the next Packers GM be?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Dorsey: Experienced, history of winning as GM, a haircut you could set your clock to.

9 42.86%
  • Brian Gutekunst: Cypher, very promotable. Makes a mean macchiato with McCarthy's expresso machine

0 0%
  • Bill Parcells: If still alive, then this poll is dumb. Hire Bill. Proven rebuilder

2 9.52%
  • Eliot Wolf: Princeling, creative speller, if bloodlines are your thing, great resume paper

7 33.33%
  • Other, Post it below

3 14.29%

Thread: Next Packers GM Poll

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My guess is that Ted would like to retire after another year or two and move into a scouting job. I think that's his secret fantasy - to do nothing but scout college guys 24/7/365. Give him the title "Executive College Scout/Wide Receivers" and send him all over the country.

In the meantime, will it be Ball or Eliot? My guess is Ball. Wolf-the-Wunderkind would play well in some markets; less so in small-town Green Bay.

Can you "trade" a guy like Eliot Wolf for a draft pick?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    My guess is that Ted would like to retire after another year or two and move into a scouting job. I think that's his secret fantasy - to do nothing but scout college guys 24/7/365. Give him the title "Executive College Scout/Wide Receivers" and send him all over the country.

In the meantime, will it be Ball or Eliot? My guess is Ball. Wolf-the-Wunderkind would play well in some markets; less so in small-town Green Bay.

Can you "trade" a guy like Eliot Wolf for a draft pick?
    Why do you and Vincenzo think Wolf wouldn't be a good choice for a town like GB? Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Why do you and Vincenzo think Wolf wouldn't be a good choice for a town like GB? Just curious...
    35 years of age just seems a tad young for the job. I'd tend to envision the position more suitable to a seasoned veteran at least 20 years older than Elliot Wolf.....maybe it's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    35 years of age just seems a tad young for the job. I'd tend to envision the position more suitable to a seasoned veteran at least 20 years older than Elliot Wolf.....maybe it's just me.
    Just imagine if he turns out to be great. 30+ years of dominance.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Just imagine if he turns out to be great. 30+ years of dominance.
    ...added onto what's been a damn strong 25-year run.