Thread: Brett Favre turns 48 today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Favre got old real fast, just like The Snake. (I mean Ken Stabler, you sicko. Wait a minnit, that was me! )

Some will disagree, some will hate me, but looking back, I think his finest game as a pro was the NFCC game against the Saints in 2009. Briefly, he was a warrior - An ancient QB defying time. There was a bounty on him and he was being pummeled. His ankle and thigh were trashed. Peterson was fumbling the game away, the defense was collapsing and Favre had to win it. And he had it all in his grasp - masterfully guiding the team late, until the inevitable Favre INT. Others have written more eloquently about that final INT, and how it so perfectly encapsulates the Favre career, but for me it just showed that he was always trying to win the game on the next play, that you're always just one play away from total victory and total greatness, that it's always worth the risk.
    The effort was almost always extraordinary, which you cannot say about many over that long a period. The only unfortunate part was the few times he didn't want to be out there were just the more glaring.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The effort was almost always extraordinary, which you cannot say about many over that long a period. The only unfortunate part was the few times he didn't want to be out there were just the more glaring.
    Could you please enlighten me and give clarity to your statement that:

" ... The only unfortunate part was the few times he didn't want to be out there were just the more glaring." pbmax

Please offer to me five examples of in game situations in the NFL when it was 'glaringly'or otherwise chose a word with obvious that Brett Favre didn't want to be out there. I just offered to you a real challenge.

Aside from his indecisiveness and whether or not to commit to playing another Season Vs Retirement I do not know of any HOFer player in the NFL that ever had more heart for the game of football and playing as hard to win as Brett Favre clearly did.

Favre had little of what any man might deem as 'QUIT' in him. Favre was 'the Ultimate Warrior'.

Favre is arguably 'the Ultimate Ironman' in all of Pro Sports.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau