Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Partly agree except for one thing. He informs the officer he is packing and almost immediately reaches for his wallet. He never offers his hands when he says it. Stupid. I can agree 100% that the officer way over reacted. The problem is that we can't see inside the car and again, Castille NEVER offered his hands out the window which is what EVERY instructor tells you to do when stopped while packing. Big mistakes on both ends. 2nd degree manslaughter....probably, but I didn't see the entire trial. To say there was NO reason to assume the cop was in immediate danger is an overstatement as well. Again, you can't see inside the car. You can't see Castille's hands. But we KNOW he had a gun.

And just like Hoosier, you saying "you can't be helped" is reading an awful lot into what I DIDN'T type. I clearly criticized law enforcement and their over reactions in that post. But you only read what you wanted to read so you could criticize me for not being as smart as you. Castille fucked up big time by waiting that long to inform the officer he was packing. That was my point. I never said the officer didn't over react. You read that into my post based on YOUR preconceived bias, not mine.
My comments weren't specifically addressing your points or your bias only. Sorry if that was confusing. I will point out that Castilles mistakes were minimal compared to officers. I just can't figure out how a jury could conclude that the officer thought his life was in danger after watching the video. Observe everyone else in the videos demeanor, Castille and his family and even the other officer. Cops basically have a free pass to kill first and ask questions later. And that's just not right.