Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: THE INTERCEPTION BY BURNETT

Blog Entries

THE INTERCEPTION BY BURNETT

Watched this several times and I'm not seeing what others do

MB makes a nice pick and slides; it appears 56...Peppers kind of hand motions him to go to ground as he's sliding and jogs to the sideline while he goes down

But there is a player coming up and inscreen...I think a OL....only a few yds away for the tackle

He doesn't have nothing but green ahead. It doesn't appear he's going far

I can't fault him on this
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I think what bothered me the most is that the mentality of the team went the way of that kneel down. At that point, I think too many Packers thought the game was over.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I can. He should be able to out manuver a linemen.

If there was a minute left in the game, absolutely slide.

Otherwise go for the dagger.

Blog Entries
    I think there were others behind the lineman too
    I'd have run.....but he made a great play there and I can't criticize here
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

i'm with rand

he gave up instead of trying for more

There wasn't a reason to go down early. But taking a slide instead of a hit was understandable.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I think what bothered me the most is that the mentality of the team went the way of that kneel down. At that point, I think too many Packers thought the game was over.
    Had they just recovered the EASY onside, it was over.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Not necessarily. There was the 2 minute warning and a TO. Packers go three and out and Seattle gets the ball back with 1:20 and no TO's. Based on the 5 minute Packer D, that was enough time to score at least three TDs.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Hard to say what would have happened. The 2 guys from Seattle I saw between him and the endzone appeared to be linemen. Presumably Russell Wilson would have tried to run him down.

The Burnett fetal position was annoying only because it was so symbolic of the attitude of the whole team in the last 8 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    The Burnett fetal position was annoying only because it was so symbolic of the attitude of the whole team in the last 8 minutes.

I agree: "I think what bothered me the most is that the mentality of the team went the way of that kneel down. At that point, I think too many Packers thought the game was over."

Not quite. They were still going to need to run two plays before the 2:00 warning (Seattle uses its last TO after the first play). And then, assuming they run a safe play, Seattle has the ball at its own 20 with 1:10 or so left. So if Bostick either comes down with the ball or just does his job and blocks, the game still hadn't been won.

The Packers gelled as a team in the second half of the season because they were able to do what they needed to win, especially when it came to closing out games. The 2nd half today, starting with the fake FG where Slocum only dropped one guy back into coverage, and continuing with Quarless's drop, Burnett's early dive, and Bostick pulling a Bill Bucker, and maybe ARod missing an open Cobb, was the total unraveling of that ability to close games. I felt like I was watching Derrick Turnbow out there on the mound in the last four-five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Watched this several times and I'm not seeing what others do

MB makes a nice pick and slides; it appears 56...Peppers kind of hand motions him to go to ground as he's sliding and jogs to the sideline while he goes down

But there is a player coming up and inscreen...I think a OL....only a few yds away for the tackle

He doesn't have nothing but green ahead. It doesn't appear he's going far

I can't fault him on this
    I don't either...let the $20M franchise QB move the ball down the field.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Blog Entries
    Not necessarily. There was the 2 minute warning and a TO. Packers go three and out and Seattle gets the ball back with 1:20 and no TO's. Based on the 5 minute Packer D, that was enough time to score at least three TDs.
    There was just over 2:00 so I'm pretty sure they only need to run one play to the 2:00 warning. They go run - 2:00 warning, run 1:20, run 0:40, punt deep into Seattle territory with almost no time left. with a timeout there's 30 seconds to go the length of the field into the endzone. That's assuming they gain no yardage on any of those plays.

If they PASS the ball, there's a really good possibility of much more time left on the clock AND the possibility of Seattle getting the ball in packer territory.
    Last edited by vince; 01-18-2015 at 08:48 PM.

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

When are you going to get it through your skull that the game WAS NEVER OVER or WON by the Packers at any point? You keep saying this and that would've won the game...and you are always incorrect.

The game wasn't over...which is why you don't go into prevent defense or "milk the clock" mode and go away from the game plan that put you in position to have a chance to win.

Collins with the pick of Luck.

Up a billion points, still tries to run it back.

I agree: "I think what bothered me the most is that the mentality of the team went the way of that kneel down. At that point, I think too many Packers thought the game was over."
    I miss a lot of your good posts since I put you on my ignore list. Well, lets not go crazy with that "a lot" business.

Ha ha....brutal but true.
    C.H.U.D.

5:52 left...up 45-7...Pats are still throwing 30 yard bombs.