Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Sitton.

I still say McCarthy doesn't value offensive lineman.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Doesn't seem like a McCarthy move. But I do wonder who he wants at LG now. Very curious.

Good to see you ND.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Doesn't seem like a McCarthy move. But I do wonder who he wants at LG now. Very curious.

Good to see you ND.
    Good to be seen. Maybe I'll get a try out call with the packers to play guard...they could use a 35 year old former player with bad ankles and knees, right?
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I was looking at the OL and I felt it was going to be hard to keep all of the players I felt like we could keep, especially with an eye on next year when I feel like we very well could have been without both Sitton and Lang. Plus, Bhak is no sure thing With the injury he's coming off.

We were looking really thin next year if we don't keep a bunch of decent young guys now. And Sitton and Lang are only getting worse after 30. That's just a reality.

Keeping a young guy over and old one...... That happens. Like I said, I was already letting go of those two old guys in my mind. I don't feel bad about this.
    OL is a position that relies more on slow twitch than fast twitch. All things equal Sitton probably should have 5 years left. That being said, obviously TT and MM think all things are NOT equal.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    the mother of all f'ck ups with a 13 point lead
    You never win after that happens
    DOH! Internet is a chronicling bitch waiting to be bumped! (But I agreed at the time)

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    If Ted's history of controversial moves that have sent half the fanbase into a collective uproar is any indication, someone will do yeoman's work filling in effectively at LG, enabling Ted to re-sign Bakh and Tretter to 2nd deals, while Sitton hobbles through turftoe before having back surgery in two months.
    This. I want to see what deal Sitton gets on the open market. That will speak volumes to his health (or someones desperation).

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    Good to be seen. Maybe I'll get a try out call with the packers to play guard...they could use a 35 year old former player with bad ankles and knees, right?
    How about a 5'10" former d3 LT?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    How about a 5'10" former d3 LT?
    This D2 6'4" LT likely wouldn't make it too far.

Just listened to Dombrovsky on NFL Radio talk. Talked a lot about there had to be more to this than just a simple cut. Something had to have happened that we may never know about. What he did say we know, right now a strength may have taken a large hit because they don't have much idea who is starting at LG. Likely it will be Walker since Linsley will be out at least the 1st week. He did talk a lot about moving Bulaga to LG and putting Spriggs in at RT, but that would be an offseason move...which then he came back right away with, "Which is why this move is even more bizarre. This could have been done weeks ago if it was simply for cap space. Something happened."

Blog Entries
    Forgot all about Walker. When healthy, he's your LG right now. Keep him inside and he can get it done.

Edit: Walker is on IR so he's out for the year.
    Last edited by vince; 09-03-2016 at 08:36 PM.

I'm conflicted about this move. I see the reason behind keeping younger guys on the roster this year if Sitton indeed was a goner next year. However, the guy only had one year left on his deal...and he is clearly a better option for this season than others on our roster. Thompson has always been very good at being able to predict when a guy is about to hit the wall in his career though. He may get rid of a guy a year too early...but that is better than a year too late.

The confusing thing is getting NOTHING in return for a guy who clearly has value to other teams in the league. I'm not saying you are getting a top 150 pick...but even a 6th round pick has SOME value. This isn't a move that suddenly pops into your head yesterday and you run with it. This is a move that is made carefully over weeks or months, so it is hard to believe they couldn't find a way to get SOMETHING in return for him.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

What is Sttons cap hit before and after release? Could be looking to re-sign someone this year and have a big hit this season.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I've said all along that Bacteria would end up at LG. Not sure who is ready to play LT in such a case though. Maybe its right that Barclay or Tretter will hold them over for a year.
    I would be surprised if this happened because wouldn't he just go to FA and cash in at tackle rather than accept guard payment? I think it's clear they think he's the LT of the future, and they want to keep Tretter too.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    The confusing thing is getting NOTHING in return for a guy who clearly has value to other teams in the league. I'm not saying you are getting a top 150 pick...but even a 6th round pick has SOME value.
    An experiment was just run that determined his market value. goose egg. Surprising, but that's what the pro talent evaluators say.

When you say fuck off to one of your best O-lineman, you are saying fuck off to your QB. i sure hope Hundley is ready to play, because TT sure as fuck doesn't care about the health of Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    An experiment was just run that determined his market value. goose egg. Surprising, but that's what the pro talent evaluators say.
    As a vested vet, he doesn't go through waivers. He is an immediate FA. But unless someone is crazy desperate, they won't offer him starter money until after Week 1 so its not all guaranteed.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

OK on the FA point, but King was talking about Sitton's trade value. TT reportedly shopped til he dropped. No takers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    When you say fuck off to one of your best O-lineman, you are saying fuck off to your QB.
    If Sitton is really the best O-lineman, then why wasn't there a feeding frenzy of other GMs to pick him up for a high round draft pick? I think we learned he is not highly regarded by people who study film.

I agree with the fuck-off part, though. Seems awful sudden and cold.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    As a vested vet, he doesn't go through waivers. He is an immediate FA. But unless someone is crazy desperate, they won't offer him starter money until after Week 1 so its not all guaranteed.
    Radio said this isn't true (per NFL network). He still has to clear waivers, so he cannot sign with a team until monday, or that team picks up his entire salary for this season. I have no clue how this works, but according to NFL XM Radio, that's the deal.

No, he is exempt from waivers. Either that or he has right of refusal if a team tries to claim him. Effectively making him a free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    This was likely always going to happen but it could have happened next offseason not this one, unless they really don't want to see Bakh hit the market.
    I've been reading multiple Packers' forums about Sitton's release and this makes the most sense. Did Sitton play much this preseason? How did he do with one on ones in TC this summer?