Thread: Studs and Duds, Packers Epic Wildcard Beatdown of Jerrah's Bois:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    If Barry being bad was the problem and the constant than playing better players wouldn’t be making a difference.
    That isn’t true and you know it. Better players usually bring better results no matter who is coaching them.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    That isn’t true and you know it. Better players usually bring better results no matter who is coaching them.
    And this has never been the position of the fire Joe Barry cult. Not once had anyone said the talent in the back end is lacking, especially in the middle parts of the season, due to injury and starting the year with guys who are not ready to play in the NFL. It’s always been that the team is extremely talented and Barry’s ineptitude is destroying our chances so he needs to be fired.

That’s why I point out that the players make a difference in the game. I point out the secondary struggles at the player level and why a coach can’t do much for a guy who can’t play well no matter what.

So when his secondary is particularly decimated he’s trying to cover that up. Maybe he has the line rushing the passer more aggressively to help the pass defense, but he’s giving up runs then. Maybe the offense sputters and the defense ends up on the field a lot because they gave up too many runs. Maybe you realize that’s not working so you go back to disciplined rushes but then bad quarterbacks chew you up. Maybe then you get your better secondary players back and everything works better. Maybe the offense starts clicking and now you’re steam rolling.

Maybe it’s the players. It’s not far fetched.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    And this has never been the position of the fire Joe Barry cult. Not once had anyone said the talent in the back end is lacking, especially in the middle parts of the season, due to injury and starting the year with guys who are not ready to play in the NFL. It’s always been that the team is extremely talented and Barry’s ineptitude is destroying our chances so he needs to be fired.

That’s why I point out that the players make a difference in the game. I point out the secondary struggles at the player level and why a coach can’t do much for a guy who can’t play well no matter what.

So when his secondary is particularly decimated he’s trying to cover that up. Maybe he has the line rushing the passer more aggressively to help the pass defense, but he’s giving up runs then. Maybe the offense sputters and the defense ends up on the field a lot because they gave up too many runs. Maybe you realize that’s not working so you go back to disciplined rushes but then bad quarterbacks chew you up. Maybe then you get your better secondary players back and everything works better. Maybe the offense starts clicking and now you’re steam rolling.

Maybe it’s the players. It’s not far fetched.
    Thats simply not true. Most of us pointed out the problems and injuries in the secondary, but we all concluded that its on the COACHES to get players in positions to succeed. They need to take the extra time to make sure guys know their assignments. Barry failed in that miserably at times.

As I said somewhere he has been MUCH better in the playoffs since he has been with the team. That implies to me that he puts more time into his job when its "important". I want a hungry young buck, or a natural (Rex Ryan) so we play great D all the time.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.