Thread: Matthews and Peppers battling the league over Al-Jezeera article

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I read it as the players union does not accept an article where the principle source has recanted as a reason to start an investigation.
    As did I, but the result is Peppers and Matthews, through their union, so far have not cooperated in the NFL's investigation and have resisted interviews by the league. I know the union is concerned with precedent setting, but cooperating and disposing of any issue sometimes is best.

Unless, of course, there is fire where the smoke came from for at least one of the players involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    As did I, but the result is Peppers and Matthews, through their union, so far have not cooperated in the NFL's investigation and have resisted interviews by the league. I know the union is concerned with precedent setting, but cooperating and disposing of any issue sometimes is best.

Unless, of course, there is fire where the smoke came from for at least one of the players involved.
    I think the players are getting quite tired of ole' Roger's games. He's really bad at his job and makes more than any player makes by far. Why would they show him or his office any respect?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

i think we need to prepare for at least somewhat of a chance, that we may be without our 2 OLB's for at least some part of the season

it doesn't look good when 3 of the 6 or so players named are packer OLBs