Thread: Official 2017 Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Packer blogs are all of a mind Monty is not seriously hurt. They are going with the minimalist interpretation of "soft tissue injury", like muscle cramp or strain rather than the maximalist interpretation that he has no cartilage left in his body.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The Packer blogs are all of a mind Monty is not seriously hurt. They are going with the minimalist interpretation of "soft tissue injury", like muscle cramp or strain rather than the maximalist interpretation that he has no cartilage left in his body.
    I interpret "soft tissue injury" as a deep bruise - and that's the way it looked when he got hit.

I hope Lowery is OK, but if not, D Line is one of our deepest positions - Daniels, Clark, Price, Francois, and Ringo, and half the time, it seems like only two are on the field.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I interpret "soft tissue injury" as a deep bruise - and that's the way it looked when he got hit.

I hope Lowery is OK, but if not, D Line is one of our deepest positions - Daniels, Clark, Price, Francois, and Ringo, and half the time, it seems like only two are on the field.
    The thing is if a RB can't play through that, he has little to no chance of not missing a lot of time during the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The thing is if a RB can't play through that, he has little to no chance of not missing a lot of time during the regular season.
    You have to make up your mind. Does the coach force players to play (Lacy) or does the player decide (Monty)?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    You have to make up your mind. Does the coach force players to play (Lacy) or does the player decide (Monty)?
    Yes the coach and GM were part of Lacy's injury last year. Yes Monty is too soft to be a main RB.

Boo, BOO I say. Outside punt team defender no more for King. Never makes contact. Hideous.

Evans in middle doesn't do anything either. VIA: https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/s...75408287219714

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I suspect he could have played through the injury, but they just wanted to test out the 3 rookies as well as not take any chances with Montgomery in the preseason. It seems like some people miss having a big clod like Lacy carrying the ball. He wasn't exactly immune to injuries either. Montgomery was exactly the kind of runner I wanted when he took over last year. We'll see what happens on injuries, but I doubt he's any more likely to get hurt than some fat slow guy.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?