Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Vikings II Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Had he just cursed them out and left the podium it would be the greatest coach rant ever. The longer he stuck around, the more he just seemed wounded and defeated.
    I dunno, I think he redeemed himself with the parting comment. Any response to that would've been railing against the wind.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Perry has a shoulder. If he can't go, Neal would be the logical replacement. Or does CMIII go back to the outside for a week? I am guessing Neal, but doesn't that raise concerns about ability to set edge on the left?
    Neale has been getting reps these past few weeks, where has he been playing? LOLB, with Perry and Mathews rotating at ROLB?
    --

C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Weather is going to be nice. Bridgewater is terrible. As long as our O-line holds we win this easy.
    I heard there is a good chance it will rain so it could be a sloppy field.

vikings have to play in Detroit next Thursday. Two AP style whuppins in 4 days.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I hope the Packer players and coaches were watching Thursday Night Football. The Raiders outplay the Chiefs and beat them in the final minute!
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I hope the Packer players and coaches were watching Thursday Night Football. The Raiders outplay the Chiefs and beat them in the final minute!
    Try and figure out the NFL. The Chefs start out 0-2, including an inexplicable home loss to the Titanics. Now they lose to the winless Raiders. In between their two head-scratching losses to the Titans (first week) and Rrrraiders (this week) they have soundly beaten Miami (away), New England (home), San Diego (away), killed St. Louis and got by NYJ (home), Buffalo (road) and Seattle (home). Sitting in the cat bird seat at 7-3 and boom, they go down.

Oakland gave Seattle more of a game than the Packers did in Seattle. Perhaps Oakland is not as bad as their record would indicate. If they can find some balance on offense and the defense can keep stopping people, they might win another game. I like Carr, I think he's gonna be a good one.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    I like Carr, I think he's gonna be a good one.
    Agreed. The game doesn't look too big for him.

Blog Entries
    Oakland gave Seattle more of a game than the Packers did in Seattle. Perhaps Oakland is not as bad as their record would indicate. If they can find some balance on offense and the defense can keep stopping people, they might win another game. I like Carr, I think he's gonna be a good one.
    It seems like Woodson believes it, and he likes Carr too. He added a nice little stat to his Hall of Fame resume tonight - Only player in history with 50 (He has 58) interceptions and 20 sacks.

Me too. If the guys go into this game in Minneapolis with NE on their minds they may suffer the same fate as KC did tonight.

Perhaps Oakland is not as bad as their record would indicate.
    This. I think they got roughed up once by the Broncos, but have otherwise been at least superficially competitive in every game. Could be a good dark horse wildcard candidate in 2015, honestly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    It seems like Woodson believes it, and he likes Carr too. He added a nice little stat to his Hall of Fame resume tonight - Only player in history with 50 (He has 58) interceptions and 20 sacks.
    Wood is unreal.

He still has the ability of a young kid.

I was thinking last night that they should put his HOF plaque on his jersey.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    vikings have to play in Detroit next Thursday. Two AP style whuppins in 4 days.
    Now that's when the Queens need to turn on their "trap game" mojo.

They just might do it.

This Lion bunch is the same group that pulled the el foldo at the end of last season.

Try and figure out the NFL. The Chefs start out 0-2, including an inexplicable home loss to the Titanics. Now they lose to the winless Raiders. In between their two head-scratching losses to the Titans (first week) and Rrrraiders (this week) they have soundly beaten Miami (away), New England (home), San Diego (away), killed St. Louis and got by NYJ (home), Buffalo (road) and Seattle (home). Sitting in the cat bird seat at 7-3 and boom, they go down.

There is some logic here. San Diego is not as good as they looked early. Miami started out struggling. And New England finally got their act together after the Chiefs loss. They have been a touch fortunate with the schedule.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Actually Oakland is pretty bad. I watched the entire game. They have mediocre players at all the skill positions. Carr is a decent QB, but nothing special. Very inaccurate all night. KC had at least 3 or 4 easy interceptions dropped. The weather was the equalizer. The weather and KC being flat. Raiders special teams almost let the Chiefs back in the game. Their most glaring weakness is coaching. It was like a team out of control. They must have been penalized 1000 yards.

On one play in the 4th qtr with KC driving for a tying score, Oakland had two DPI penalties and defensive hands to the face...on the same play. Typical Woodson DPI was called a couple times. Woodson made some great plays (sacks, tackles for loss) but he also let Charles run away from him for a TD. He's slowing down.

The most bizarre play of the evening was in the last 40 seconds. KC was driving down for a winning TD. It was 3rd and 15 I believe and Alex Smith was sacked. The whole KC offense got up quickly to snap the ball again, but 3 or 4 Raiders were 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage celebrating. Two Raiders were actually doing some kind of end zone celebration dance. Apparently, they had lost track of the downs. If not for a Raider being smart and calling a TO, KC might have got the 1st down and scored.

Very, very undisciplined team. I think they won on pure emotion. They were high as a kite at home; the Chiefs were flat as a pancake.

You can't call it in and expect success in the NFL. No matter who you are or who you're playing, if... you don't come to play and the other team does, you're toast. Add some bad weather as an equalizer and...disaster.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Tony Sparano has never struck me as a long term solution as a coach.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Actually Oakland is pretty bad. I watched the entire game. They have mediocre players at all the skill positions. Carr is a decent QB, but nothing special. Very inaccurate all night. KC had at least 3 or 4 easy interceptions dropped. The weather was the equalizer. The weather and KC being flat. Raiders special teams almost let the Chiefs back in the game. Their most glaring weakness is coaching. It was like a team out of control. They must have been penalized 1000 yards.

On one play in the 4th qtr with KC driving for a tying score, Oakland had two DPI penalties and defensive hands to the face...on the same play. Typical Woodson DPI was called a couple times. Woodson made some great plays (sacks, tackles for loss) but he also let Charles run away from him for a TD. He's slowing down.

The most bizarre play of the evening was in the last 40 seconds. KC was driving down for a winning TD. It was 3rd and 15 I believe and Alex Smith was sacked. The whole KC offense got up quickly to snap the ball again, but 3 or 4 Raiders were 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage celebrating. Two Raiders were actually doing some kind of end zone celebration dance. Apparently, they had lost track of the downs. If not for a Raider being smart and calling a TO, KC might have got the 1st down and scored.

Very, very undisciplined team. I think they won on pure emotion. They were high as a kite at home; the Chiefs were flat as a pancake.

You can't call it in and expect success in the NFL. No matter who you are or who you're playing, if... you don't come to play and the other team does, you're toast. Add some bad weather as an equalizer and...disaster.
    M3 needs to read your post to the team.

I watched a chunk of the 4th quarter, and you're spot on. Oakland was up by 17 I think at one point, and I thought they were going to give it away. The sack celebration while the offense was lining up was hilarious! A couple of DL with their back turned to the ball, dancing away. There was a bit of time on the clock, if KC gets gifted a 1st down there it could've resulted in the game going the other way.

--

Most bizarre thing I've ever seen in a game...Even beats the Viking guy who ran the wrong way with a fumble recovery to score a touchback!

Blog Entries

Justin Tuck called the TO on that bizarre celebration play. Tuck and Wood were the only two Raiders paying any attention to what was going on. The disgusted look on Tuck's face was priceless.