Thread: CM3 and peppers to be suspended indefinitely if they don't talk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Doesn't bother me a bit. I think the league has an obligation to look into the report, and I think the players generally have an obligation to work with the league to maintain the integrity and reputation of the league. MLB ignored issues for years, and it didn't enhance their image to their fans.
    Never know if you're playing devil's advocate or not! Should they look into it? Yes. Should players be forced into conducting interviews and answer questions? Not sure why. This is like the oldest line in the book from a cop asking you to turn your pockets out - "If you've got nothing to hide, why does it matter?"

disclaimer: I'm Canadian, most of what I know about US law I learned from 'The Practice'!

The way this is heading, it seems to me that signing a contract with the NFL effectively suspends your 5th amendment right?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Never know if you're playing devil's advocate or not!
    This time I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Should they look into it? Yes. Should players be forced into conducting interviews and answer questions? Not sure why. This is like the oldest line in the book from a cop asking you to turn your pockets out - "If you've got nothing to hide, why does it matter?"

disclaimer: I'm Canadian, most of what I know about US law I learned from 'The Practice'!

The way this is heading, it seems to me that signing a contract with the NFL effectively suspends your 5th amendment right?
    But this isn't the police in a criminal investigation. It's more like a private employer/employee situation. Not exactly, because the league isn't the direct employer. That's what makes for litigation!