Thread: Stupidly Early Mock Draft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I think if you can get Kevin Hogan in the 7th round you take him. The Packers at this point need to keep developing young QBs not necessarily to replace Rodgers, but to secure the position in the future.
    Yup, they need to have a steady parade of developmental types, because AR could miss more time as he ages, and the end for him could be sudden. They don't necessarily have to have a permanent replacement ready to go, but they need a guy they can get by with for few years, anyway.

We would like to think the AR we have known will be around another 5-8 years or so; but, truth be told, that AR was not here in 2015. Perhaps he has already slipped into the end phase of his career, perhaps he just had an off year. Time will tell.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Yup, they need to have a steady parade of developmental types, because AR could miss more time as he ages, and the end for him could be sudden. They don't necessarily have to have a permanent replacement ready to go, but they need a guy they can get by with for few years, anyway.

We would like to think the AR we have known will be around another 5-8 years or so; but, truth be told, that AR was not here in 2015. Perhaps he has already slipped into the end phase of his career, perhaps he just had an off year. Time will tell.
    Not this year, I suspect. 1) doubtful Hogan makes it to the seventh 2) Packers have Tolzien and Hundley - this is the year Hundley passes Tolzien so that next year might be the year they draft a later round QB, to develop for a backup when Hundley takes over for Rodgers (unless they just see Tolzien staying in that role behind Hundley). If Hundley doesn't progress, then next year will likely see a serious high pick taken on a QB.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Not this year, I suspect. 1) doubtful Hogan makes it to the seventh 2) Packers have Tolzien and Hundley - this is the year Hundley passes Tolzien so that next year might be the year they draft a later round QB, to develop for a backup when Hundley takes over for Rodgers (unless they just see Tolzien staying in that role behind Hundley). If Hundley doesn't progress, then next year will likely see a serious high pick taken on a QB.
    Tolzien is a free agent though, and I think he'll leave. He saw how good Hundley was last year.