Thread: THE INTERCEPTION BY BURNETT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, Peppers did not talk to the press.
    Disappointing. Being a playoff captain and a player no doubt the rest of the defense (and team for that matter) looked up to based on his past accomplishments, it would seem fitting he would want to step up and own his mistake. Instead, Burnett is left to twist in the wind and has gotten raked over the coals unmercifully. I have no doubt Burnett would still be running if the respected ol' man of the D had not waved him down.

It's at a time like this I need to keep in mind that he is a former Chicago Bear after all.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Disappointing. Being a playoff captain and a player no doubt the rest of the defense (and team for that matter) looked up to based on his past accomplishments, it would seem fitting he would want to step up and own his mistake. Instead, Burnett is left to twist in the wind and has gotten raked over the coals unmercifully. I have no doubt Burnett would still be running if the respected ol' man of the D had not waved him down.

It's at a time like this I need to keep in mind that he is a former Chicago Bear after all.
    That game in Seattle reflected Julius Peppers career in the NFL. That might be summed up by the term 'very good and close but no cigar'.

What's really sad is that Julius Peppers besides 'the chicken shit choke wave' to Morgan Burnett; had a fine performance in the game. Peppers had 5 tackles, 1.5 sacks and put pressure on Russell Wilson throughout the game.

He signed with the Packers feeling that he could help the team get back to the Super Bowl game. He was elected as a leader on his team but leaders are accountable and he failed there miserably. Leaders don't go into sulk mode. Julius Peppers went right there.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau