Thread: Schum out

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    The innovation has vaulted Koch to the top of the NFL's most credible punting statistics, including net yardage (44.41 this season) and Expected Points Added (0.42 per punt), but in a reflection of how few people understand punting, he has trailed in Pro Bowl fan balloting all season.
    I generally like stats, but the relatively new trend of "deep stats" in the NFL leaves me cold. Expected points added. Sheesh. If I wanted crap like this I'd tailgate in front of H&R Block and cheer them filling out a 1040.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I generally like stats, but the relatively new trend of "deep stats" in the NFL leaves me cold. Expected points added. Sheesh. If I wanted crap like this I'd tailgate in front of H&R Block and cheer them filling out a 1040.
    I understand, but that particular one is pretty straightforward. If he is on your roster, he literally adds .42 points per game to the team's net points. So you can rank it and also use it to understand the specific level of strength (or weakness) of that unit.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.