Thread: Another Patriot Scandal??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Man, keep it in perspective people. The Colts footballs were also down a similar amount of air. The NFL was, as usual, a bunch of witch hunting morons making a mountain out of a molehill.

They are just as at fault that it even came to this given the lax security and lack of league control around footballs.

Anyway, just another reason why Goodell the knucklehead should probably be booted. I am no Pats fan but after giving way to much thought than it deserves, the NFL screwed the pooch here.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Man, keep it in perspective people. The Colts footballs were also down a similar amount of air. The NFL was, as usual, a bunch of witch hunting morons making a mountain out of a molehill.

They are just as at fault that it even came to this given the lax security and lack of league control around footballs.

Anyway, just another reason why Goodell the knucklehead should probably be booted. I am no Pats fan but after giving way to much thought than it deserves, the NFL screwed the pooch here.
    The issue is whether Brady and the Patriots intentionally cheated. The issues of scale and pressure levels are categorically different. If you don't care that they cheated, so be it, but I think it's a huge deal, especially since they have shown a repeated willingness to cheat.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    The issue is whether Brady and the Patriots intentionally cheated. The issues of scale and pressure levels are categorically different. If you don't care that they cheated, so be it, but I think it's a huge deal, especially since they have shown a repeated willingness to cheat.

I could probably fill 1000 pages with examples, but I don't have the time.

Not the same sport I know but I wasn't filled with outrage.....I don't watch baseball anymore, ever since 1994 but when the ole corked bat gets discovered I do not lose my mind.

My feeling is that this is just the tip of the iceberg in regards to the stunts the Patriots have been pulling. Between Spygate, all the stories of communication cutting out, and now this there is no doubt in my mind the NFL has warned them repeatedly to cut it out.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    My feeling is that this is just the tip of the iceberg in regards to the stunts the Patriots have been pulling. Between Spygate, all the stories of communication cutting out, and now this there is no doubt in my mind the NFL has warned them repeatedly to cut it out.
    It's probably the tip of the iceberg of what alot of teams try and do. That's why the NFL probably should deal with this stuff behind closed doors.

It's probably the tip of the iceberg of what alot of teams try and do. That's why the NFL probably should deal with this stuff behind closed doors.
    At one time it was the general feeling that the NFL didn't crack down on NE more harshly for their shenanigans because they threatened to get vocal about what everyone else was up to. I'm still not sure that isn't why Belichick was 'exonerated'.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

A new report out by the American Enterprise institute that does a good job of explaining that the Wells report, and pretty much the whole way the NFL officials went about gathering 'information' was crap. The relevant bit:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rt-unreliable/
    AEI focuses on the conclusion that the Patriots tampered with air pressure in footballs prior to the AFC title game because the footballs used by the Patriots in the first half had a more significant drop in air pressure than the footballs used by the Colts in the first half. AEI rejects that finding based on two factors previously raised here: (1) NFL officials measured only four of the 12 Colts footballs at halftime due to supposed time constraints; and (2) the footballs used by the Colts experienced a likely increase in air pressure while in a warmer environment as the 11 footballs used by the Patriots were tested with two different gauges and then re-inflated.
    All hail the ideal gas law!

I'm not saying the Patriots didn't at least try to cheat, just that this shows the evidence gathering was fatally flawed. I still think Brady should get his punishment for not cooperating, but the party who maybe shouldn't be punished is the team itself!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...