Thread: Ridiculously Early 53 Man Roster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Everyone putting Janis on their list - wouldn't be so sure about that. He couldn't get on the field last year for some reason, I suspect the lightbulb better go on for him sooner rather than later if he's going to make the team.
    Abbrederis was a better route runner..and football player. Hope he makes it but he'll be the popular guy to leave off the list....white wr coming off an injury vs. the raw guy who is faster but can't run routes nearly as well
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Abbrederis was a better route runner..and football player. Hope he makes it but he'll be the popular guy to leave off the list....white wr coming off an injury vs. the raw guy who is faster but can't run routes nearly as well
    I'm eager to see if Abby has filled out some and his injury is healed. I don't think that injury is as career threatening as it once was. I hope we can keep Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Monty, Abby and Janis.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I'm eager to see if Abby has filled out some and his injury is healed. I don't think that injury is as career threatening as it once was. I hope we can keep Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Monty, Abby and Janis.
    It really is amazing how even in the 90's a torn ACL was career threatening, and career ending in so many cases. but now its almost no big deal "he'll miss the rest of this year but he'll be back to normal by the start of next season". i mean, we see 1 or 2 ACL tears a week around the nfl. were a couple of guys careers ending a week a couple of decades ago, or were there just less acl injuries?

it seems to me like it use to be a freak injury, now it seems almost run of the mill