Thread: QB experts, do Love’s fundamentals look better?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Sure, no doubt he doesn't always do it. But this throw to 9 was wide open, it's not like Rodgers _never_ does it. I have little doubt Rodgers would have made this throw.

This data driven read implies he throws over the middle on ~25% of throws, which is much lower than the league leaders at ~50%

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/b...selection-2019
    Given that, I suppose if you're an opposing team's DC, you'd edge your coverage over to the sidelines, figuring unless someone was running wide, wide open over the middle, Arod wasn't going to go there. Makes Adams's over-the-back-shoulder grabs even more amazing.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Given that, I suppose if you're an opposing team's DC, you'd edge your coverage over to the sidelines, figuring unless someone was running wide, wide open over the middle, Arod wasn't going to go there. Makes Adams's over-the-back-shoulder grabs even more amazing.
    I think he eschews throws in the middle of the field because they are more likely to be intercepted there. They are easier throws, but there are usually more lurking defenders to watch for.
    The number of sideline throws Rodgers has been able to complete is incredible, but I think his accuracy at throwing them has diminished in recent years.

Avoiding use of the MOF is making it harder for yourself and your offense. I think JL will use it much more, but I also think he'll throw more picks.

Also, throwing a deep sideline pass on 3rd and short is stupid unless you drew someone offside or you know you can convert on 4th down a la Jalen Hurts butt push.