Thread: More Banjo: @ Bears Week 4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Have to say, the decision making by the Bears at the end of the first half was awful. I can't believe they tried to run a play with 9 seconds on the clock instead of taking the FG. Until then, they had scored on every possession. They were behind because the Pack scored TDs while one of their scores was a FG, but not getting those points ratcheted up the pressure on their offense.

They were running at will against the Pack's D, and if they'd scored they could've waited for the Packers to make a mistake instead of botching it themselves.
    The decision was standard. There is enough time to take a shot and still get a field goal. Tresseman would have been called a pussy if he didn't take a shot, and rightly so. The TE fucked up by not taking is route deeper into the endzone before coming back for the ball.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    The decision was standard. There is enough time to take a shot and still get a field goal. Tresseman would have been called a pussy if he didn't take a shot, and rightly so. The TE fucked up by not taking is route deeper into the endzone before coming back for the ball.
    With 9 seconds, he was more than taking his chances, especially with the call he made.

A pass to the back corner of the endzone I could understand, but over the middle to the TE? Tackled in the field of play, those 9 seconds went away pretty quickly.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    With 9 seconds, he was more than taking his chances, especially with the call he made.

A pass to the back corner of the endzone I could understand, but over the middle to the TE? Tackled in the field of play, those 9 seconds went away pretty quickly.
    The TE flattened the route. It was supposed to go into the endzone before coming back a little. Nothing wrong with throwing to an open TE in the endzone, even if it is over the middle. Given the situation, the back corner is going to be really hard to get open, so the middle is a good bet. The TE fucked up, plain and simple. I can't fault Cutler because from his position he couldn't tell the difference. (Yeesh I'm defending Cutler, that has to be a sign of the apocalypse.) If the TE goes 1-2 yards deeper like he was supposed to, we're spending today bitching about the coverage and not the decision.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    The TE flattened the route. It was supposed to go into the endzone before coming back a little. Nothing wrong with throwing to an open TE in the endzone, even if it is over the middle. Given the situation, the back corner is going to be really hard to get open, so the middle is a good bet. The TE fucked up, plain and simple. I can't fault Cutler because from his position he couldn't tell the difference. (Yeesh I'm defending Cutler, that has to be a sign of the apocalypse.) If the TE goes 1-2 yards deeper like he was supposed to, we're spending today bitching about the coverage and not the decision.
    For sure. D allowed the completion, and there is a 50-50 chance he did actually score. Dude's got long arms, and reached for the goal line. Luckily, Hyde was blocking the camera view, so the review amounted to nothing, and the call on the field stood!

I'm not sure if he flattened his route, or if there was coverage where he wanted to be, would have to watch again.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...