Thread: Packers Add TE Gresham

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sounds like there are quite a few teams interested in him--now that he's healthy again.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Sounds like there are quite a few teams interested in him--now that he's healthy again.
    I'm guessing that is is more like close to healthy than actually healthy. Teams are kicking the tires, but either not offering a contract or offering one that is well below what someone of his talent and production would command. Somewhat like Finley last year. I hope he's well enough for the Packers to roll the dice (perhaps incentive-laden and lower pay if on IR for back trouble contract). He's way better than any other TE on the roster. If healthy.

One thing, if the Packers sign him, would it affect draft compensation for lost FA's?
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I'm guessing that is is more like close to healthy than actually healthy. Teams are kicking the tires, but either not offering a contract or offering one that is well below what someone of his talent and production would command. Somewhat like Finley last year. I hope he's well enough for the Packers to roll the dice (perhaps incentive-laden and lower pay if on IR for back trouble contract). He's way better than any other TE on the roster. If healthy.

One thing, if the Packers sign him, would it affect draft compensation for lost FA's?
    I think there's a date after which FA's signed don't count against the signing team - pretty sure I saw an article saying Baltimore does that.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...