Thread: 2022 Second Round Pick, #34, Christian Watson Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    We lost a pick moving up 19 spots.
    “ "Green Bay opened the day with two second round selections – the No. 53 and No. 59 picks. The Packers traded both to the Minnesota Vikings for the right to take Watson at No. 34.

No wonder the Vikings took the trade. If Watson doesn’t pan out, Gute is gonna look like a dope.
    I don't think so. The Packers moved all-in on a championship chase over the next 2-3 years. Having an extra pick is meaningless if we don't have capable WRs. They flew off the board the last 2 days. Waiting wasn't an option. Even if the kid doesn't pan out, it wasn't a mistake by Gute to go after him. It was a major need for the team, and it would've been risky to stay in the latter part of the 2nd and wait.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I don't think so. The Packers moved all-in on a championship chase over the next 2-3 years. Having an extra pick is meaningless if we don't have capable WRs. They flew off the board the last 2 days. Waiting wasn't an option. Even if the kid doesn't pan out, it wasn't a mistake by Gute to go after him. It was a major need for the team, and it would've been risky to stay in the latter part of the 2nd and wait.
    WHat I mean:

They should have gone Wyatt, then Watkins. It's clear this draft was ALL IN now. Not sure I llke it.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Great point. Last night I had to let it digest that we actually gave up a juicy 2nd rounder to move up to 34. You have to admit that it was at the very least, a BOLD move.
    I still can’t believe we did it.