Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Winners - Losers Packers vs. Bills

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Your can't plead your own ignorance in the defense of Tank.
    Stop trashing the thread.

I don't care about old news. If there is good reason to ban somebody for their behavour today, I don't care

I am not defending Tank

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Si jefe.

Beheading would be the proper procedure.

How about enforcing Tank's ban, sending Rand a joke book so he can get his laughs, and ignoring Woody and Harlan's plaintive posts about what a great poster Tank is?

Si o no?
    " and ignoring Woody ".

KY I appeal to your decency:

I've been associated with Mad and you fellas here going back to JSO for some 9 years.

I've NEVER EVER made a special appeal to our owner Mad.

I wouldn't get mired in any conflict between any other posters here. If I felt it necessary. I've offered advice based in a lifetime of experience.

I'm a one to one kinda guy. I don't pick sides nor 'pile on'. I 've never approved of bullying.

I won't vote for the removal of any member as we need all of our members regardless of any pecking order.

This is predominantly a Green Bay Packer and NFL Forum.

To see posters take it to the personal is sad to pathetic at times. Use the "IGNORE OPTION". That's what it's for.

I don't stand for much crap from anyone. Yet I try to remind myself and challenge myself knowing full well that personal attacks, barbs, caustic insults and dissentions demeans the ultimate goal that we as Packer fans and a membership should pursue and hopefully achieve and celebrate.

That's harmony and a common karmic voice. To help get OUR PACKERS to winning the ultimate prize.

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    It is KYpack who has been divisive, if one looks at this fairly.

Witches were divisive too. It is always the witch hunters who raise shit, then call their targets "divisive."
    The difference between witch hunters and this scenario is that Tank isn't being falsely accused. His shit is out there for everyone to see. He's been banned before for his trolling in the past. And I'm sure he's loving that he's essentially caused this multi-page derail debating whether or not he should go. Divide a community - trolling 101. Get him (Tank) out of here.

Blog Entries
    This is Harlan's old "move".

First he creates a tempest in a teapot.

Then he generates a shit storm over it.

Then he makes his famous "Joan of Arc" speech about freedom of speech or something.

Then he threatens to quit if he doesn't get his way.

Then he takes a few weeks or months off.

This would be hissy fit #10 by my inaccurate memory.

His motive this time is to take the forum heat off Tanky.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Which, in a long and winding way, gets to my problem with McCarthy's play calling. The scheme, game plan and audibles might all be right and there is a strong case to be made for not abandoning something because it has had several adverse outcomes.

But at some point, the game is telling you something. And this game was telling you the passing game was out of sync. Run the ball more to stop being in bad down and distance.
    This Packer team under McCarthy has always struggled against aggressive defenses, usually quality defenses, but the Packers don't have physical receivers, they run good routes and usually have good hands, but when they get bumped off of their route and are getting fooled with they struggle to combat the physical play. Rodgers gets the jitters, and his usually good footwork goes to hell. According to Leroy Butler he rewatched the game film and saw open receivers for the Packers. I don't support only running the ball 20 times unless the defense continually commits 8 guys to the box, but that was not the case on Sunday. The lack of a tough, athletic tight end also hurts the Packers when playing a defense like the Bills, or the Seahawks, even Arizona. Luckily they play the Lions at home in week 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    The difference between witch hunters and this scenario is that Tank isn't being falsely accused. His shit is out there for everyone to see. He's been banned before for his trolling in the past. And I'm sure he's loving that he's essentially caused this multi-page derail debating whether or not he should go. Divide a community - trolling 101. Get him (Tank) out of here.
    Except he is doing zero to create this argument. It is 100% his intolerant accusers who are making trouble out of nothing. Your calling him the troll doesn't make it so.

Stop trashing the thread.

I don't care about old news. If there is good reason to ban somebody for their behavour today, I don't care

I am not defending Tank
    See I agree with this, but your previous statement was littered with shit.

I have no motive other than disgust. You have created the drama.

This is Harlan's old "move".

First he creates a tempest in a teapot.

Then he generates a shit storm over it.

Then he makes his famous "Joan of Arc" speech about freedom of speech or something.

Then he threatens to quit if he doesn't get his way.

Then he takes a few weeks or months off.

This would be hissy fit #10 by my inaccurate memory.

Brilliant!

This Packer team under McCarthy has always struggled against aggressive defenses, usually quality defenses, but the Packers don't have physical receivers, they run good routes and usually have good hands, but when they get bumped off of their route and are getting fooled with they struggle to combat the physical play. Rodgers gets the jitters, and his usually good footwork goes to hell. According to Leroy Butler he rewatched the game film and saw open receivers for the Packers. I don't support only running the ball 20 times unless the defense continually commits 8 guys to the box, but that was not the case on Sunday. The lack of a tough, athletic tight end also hurts the Packers when playing a defense like the Bills, or the Seahawks, even Arizona. Luckily they play the Lions at home in week 17.
    It's all about patience vs. those defenses. Move the chains. Don't play the constant home run game.

Except he is doing zero to create this argument. It is 100% his intolerant accusers who are making trouble out of nothing. Your calling him the troll doesn't make it so.
    And you defending him as "innocent" or a non-troll doesn't make it so either. Unless Mad had lifted his ban prior to his re-registration, he is breaking a rule just by being here (it's called a ban for a reason).

As I said, this is what trolls do. They use their mere presence to start these fires and sit back and watch it burn.

Happy Hanukkah!
    C.H.U.D.

The Deceptive or "Classic" Troll. More sophisticated but often easily identified and exposed, the Classic Troll gratifies his ego by pretending to be someone or something he or she is not. Classics make up elaborate stories about themselves, sometimes weaving some amounts of truth into their lies. As a web of lies is difficult to build with consistency, however, Classics are often "outed" by other forumites. When this happens, Classic Trolls have a bag of tricks to which they turn:

– Classic Troll Tactic Number 1: If the heat gets too much for you, claim it was all "a joke." In this way you can excuse any and all deceit by claiming people just weren't smart enough to "get" the humor of it.

– Classic Troll Tactic Number 2: Create another account, and log on pretending to be someone else, in order to show support for the Troll in Question (TiQ). These puppet accounts sometimes claim to be disinterested third parties. At other times they pretend to be "friends" of the TiQ.

– Classic Troll Tactic Number 3: When your lies paint you into a corner, claim that your little brother, or some unnamed friend, has commandeered your account and made you look foolish. This technique can also be applied in claiming that the puppet account(s) you created may not, in fact, be disinterested third parties or friends, but that they are your relatives ("little brother" is most common) only trying to help support you.

– Classic Troll Tactic Number 4: When nothing else works, claim that now, finally, you're telling the truth about all the lies you told before. Make up a fresh set of lies, and throw yourself on the mercy of the forumites.

– Classic Troll Tactic Number 5: When all else fails, claim to be leaving forever. Trolls who claim they are leaving never do, of course; you can bet that anyone who proclaims, "I'm never coming back here," will most certainly at least check back for responses, and probably will not be able to resist posting again.

– Classic Troll Tactic Number 6: Have a tantrum. When all their other tricks are exhausted, Classic Trolls will become angry and start shouting. Often they revert to Vulgar Trolls when this happens.

– Classic Troll Tactic Number 7: The insincere apology. Similar to Tactic 4, this involves pretending to repent for one's trolling and is accompanied often by great melodrama. Insincere troll apologists hope that they'll be forgiven if only they act disgusted enough with their own behavior.
    And just for the hell of it because we're at this point already...

The YerATroll. YerATrolls are those whining forumites who devote a tremendous amount of time and energy complaining about the tremendous amount of time an energy expended by Troll Bashers and Angry Forumites on the practice of troll-hunting. A self-righteous and hypocritical breed, YerATrolls spend all their time pointing fingers at everyone but trolls, petulantly demanding that their opinions be granted the significance the YerATroll believes they deserve. YerATrolls often start threads excoriating others for troll-hunting, all the while completely oblivious to the fact that they're engaging in trolling by picking fights with everyone else. One of the most ill-tempered of troll species, YerATrolls are characterized by a childish need for attention disguised as cynical nobility and pretensions of being "above it all."

Hmm...

"Eat Shit!!!!!!"

"Fuck You!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    As I said, this is what trolls do. They use their mere presence to start these fires and sit back and watch it burn.
    That sounds like a witch to me. Able to start fires by their mere presence. There is no fire, not even any smoke. The intolerant people are making 100% of the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Happy Hanukkah!
    Molotov!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

"Eat Shit!!!!!!"

"Fuck You!!!!"
    I cannot believe the continued efforts to get that chant banned. Old people.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

See, I don't find the aggressive defense theory persuasive. They have also struggled with passive, rush four, Cover 2 man under and Cover 2 zone under defenses before. If both were always true, they wouldn't be leading the league in points. They struggle with good Defenses with good plans well executed. Matchups are more important.

Nelson is big enough to get off press, but he is faster than quick and shorter routes are not his forte. Cobb runs better route adjustments than he runs actual routes. All we need to know about Cobb's ability to shake off press coverage is that he spends his time in the slot or in the backfield. Both Boykin and Adams are good enough about getting off the line. But one is unreliable and the other is a rookie. If Boykin from last year, Adams from this year or James Jones were alive, contested slants might have been caught and all are better on that route than Cobb or Nelson.

Defenses that hide their coverage with a pass rush cause them problems, and Rodgers had the look of a man who did not want to wait at times for something to break open n Buffalo.

The Buffalo coverage plan was to play off receivers just a bit (one CB would press at times) and jump the earliest route they saw coming. That is why so many throw were contested. This was a game they should have run more and thrown deeper. Screen are always helpful if someone is going to play man.

TE is a problem, Quarless needs help to shake tight coverage.

I will say this about Rodgers, he has been off target more as the season has progressed. Not sure what is happening there. Its especially notable short, though I can't explain the emergence of Starks as a pass catching threat at the same time. I'l claim small sample size.

That sounds like a witch to me. Able to start fires by their mere presence. There is no fire, not even any smoke. The intolerant people are making 100% of the trouble.
    So how long does a ban last under the Rule d' Harlan?

Isn't there also a ban on multiple user accounts for the same person?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    So how long does a ban last under the Rule d' Harlan?

Isn't there also a ban on multiple user accounts for the same person?
    I don't notice this stuff, no opinion. I just ignore people I don't like. If you think Madtown should not have unbanned tank, direct your anger at him.