Thread: Packers Offseason/Free Agency Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    hahahahaha I play tennis because it's free - as opposed to golf which I also play but it's damn expensive. The only thing I ever did at a country club was caddie when I was a kid.

As much as I like Clifford, he seems more like career quality back up material than starter. If I'm wrong, and we can get something for him in trade like Flynn, Brooks, etc., great. Then I'd still rather get some other young mobile guy than some old retread.
    Haha! You say it’s damn expensive but yet you play. Then you confess to being a country club member since childhood. Bobble please do not commit a crime with Tex he will tell on himself!

Ok I’m gonna go full TexasPackerBacker on you. Why the fuck do we need any other QB when we got Love??? That’s negativity talk and now I fear you might predict the Packers DONT go undefeated next season. I think these naysayers are finally turning you to the dark side. Don’t let the shitheads get to you man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Haha! You say it’s damn expensive but yet you play. Then you confess to being a country club member since childhood. Bobble please do not commit a crime with Tex he will tell on himself!

Ok I’m gonna go full TexasPackerBacker on you. Why the fuck do we need any other QB when we got Love??? That’s negativity talk and now I fear you might predict the Packers DONT go undefeated next season. I think these naysayers are finally turning you to the dark side. Don’t let the shitheads get to you man!!!
    bobblehead often accuses me of not reading the shit he posts good enough, so I guess I'm going "full bobblehead" on you hahahahaha. I did NOT say I had been a country club member since I was a kid. What I said was the only time I was ever even in a country club - and not even a member then - was as a caddy a few times about sixty something years ago. Oh yeah, and I did sneak onto Pebble Beach and play a few holes one time in the 70s when I was in the army. My high school prom was at the local country club, but nerd that I was, I didn't go. You should owe me one free you-know-what post in the wrong place for this hahahahaha.

And golf, yeah, I play it some - sneaking on for free most of the time my first 20 or 30 years, playing mostly cheap courses after that, using a driver I got in a pawn shop, and using most of the same irons I used 50 or 60 years ago.

And why do we need a backup QB if we have Love? Seriously, or are you using bobblehead-esque sarcasm? Advising the QB is what you have coaches for - Clements and Mannion for when Clements retires. I want a young guy like Clifford to put on the field "just in case" - not an old immobile plug like Flacco.

And I never liked Kevin Greene. The only longhaired weirdo I even tolerated was Clay Matthews, well, I guess Aaron Jones too hahahaha.

Oh and one more thing, I'm so old that think I might have coached Sean Mannion's father or grandfather in youth baseball at Fort Ord in the '70s - same last time, I think first name Sean, and a damn good player.
    Last edited by texaspackerbacker; 02-11-2024 at 10:12 AM.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

Oh and one more thing, I'm so old that think I might have coached Sean Mannion's father or grandfather in youth baseball at Fort Ord in the '70s - same last time, I think first name Sean, and a damn good player.
    Could the kid have been named John? Because they're from the Bay area, and his dad must have been an athlete because he's a football coach. Sean was born in San Jose in 92, so the geography and the timeline work out.

Mannion's a big guy, 6'6". Do you rememember if your player was tall for his age?