Thread: Official Randall Cobb FA Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think $20 mil guaranteed is on the high side for these deals, unless you are in franchise tag numbers.

I suspect Cobb will come in less than the tag as an average unless a war breaks out for his services. $11+ per year is still 2 mil more than the Packers high end.

However, I am not sure if Cobb and Nelson are 2 and 1 red. Cobb is not a traditional outside WR, its not his strength, but he can function out there. He is great inside. Plus the backfield option makes him kinda unique. Packer Report said he is the best slot guy in the League, however, even that fails to capture him. He is essentially a new Slash, minus QB snaps.

i'm not sure if i'm about to argue with you or a gree with you, or if the info i'm about to give really has anything to do with your post, but it did bring up the ideaa of cobb being a "slot" wr or a real "wr", if thats the right term. so i'll just throw this info out there that i read somewhere this week

again, not to argue with you or agree with you or whatever. but others have mentioned to cobb is more then just a slot reciever

last year, he lined up 87.5% in the slot. he also lined up a bunch in the basckfield. so even though we really didn't have a great option as the #2 outside WR, cobb spent almost all of his time lined up in the slot

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i'm not sure if i'm about to argue with you or a gree with you, or if the info i'm about to give really has anything to do with your post, but it did bring up the ideaa of cobb being a "slot" wr or a real "wr", if thats the right term. so i'll just throw this info out there that i read somewhere this week

again, not to argue with you or agree with you or whatever. but others have mentioned to cobb is more then just a slot reciever

last year, he lined up 87.5% in the slot. he also lined up a bunch in the basckfield. so even though we really didn't have a great option as the #2 outside WR, cobb spent almost all of his time lined up in the slot
    I agree that he is a slot WR. Although it's something M3 likes to have in his offense, the few times he lines up in the backfield are not that significant for defining his position.

However, Welker was tagged pretty recently, and by a guy who many think is one of the smartest in the business, so it's not unheard of for a slot guy to get tagged.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    ... but others have mentioned to cobb is more then just a slot reciever

Yep, the Packers run a ton of 3 wide. And it was usually Adams outside with Jordy after Boykin came up a cropper.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.