Thread: Read 'Em and Weep: 2016 Top 20 UFAs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    The one thing they will do is sign Von Miller. They'll drop Manning if they have to. And they'll probably sign Osweiller for 10-12 mil if no other team overpays.
    How much for Von? If I am Von I am making sure I go to FA to see what I am worth. I might still sign with the Broncos but I want to know my true value.

Manning will not be with Denver next year. I just can't figure how to value Osweiller. You can't tag him for 18+ mil for a guy who has started a handful of games. But he did well in the games so you got to figure some team will offer more than 10+ a year who needs a QB.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    How much for Von? If I am Von I am making sure I go to FA to see what I am worth. I might still sign with the Broncos but I want to know my true value.

Manning will not be with Denver next year. I just can't figure how to value Osweiller. You can't tag him for 18+ mil for a guy who has started a handful of games. But he did well in the games so you got to figure some team will offer more than 10+ a year who needs a QB.
    If Colin Kaepernick can be paid an average of $19M per year, and Ryan Tannehill (if he sticks) in the same neighborhood, Osweiller can't be that far behind if not the same.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    If Colin Kaepernick can be paid an average of $19M per year, and Ryan Tannehill (if he sticks) in the same neighborhood, Osweiller can't be that far behind if not the same.
    That is exactly my point. So if you sign Osweiller to that kind of a contract you aren't gaining that much cap space by dumping Manning. Von counted a little under $10M against the cap in 2015 if my googling is correct. That being said you are looking 6 years/$100M+ for his next contract. That eats up another $7M in cap space over his current contract.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston