Thread: Official Packers vs. Patriots Discussion Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...l=1#post807270

You mean a "2-4" look similar to this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ one??

Max: "Well, its nice to know I haven't lost my mind. Packers did use a Bear front versus Eagles. That's 4 linebackers (Peppers, Hawk, Perry and Matthews) and 2 lineman (Daniels and Guion)."

If Perry is a "LB" in that presnap shot - wouldn't Danels and Guion be "LB's" as well; and if that is the case, isn't that 0-6 alignment by your reckoning??

Since you like to call that a "2-4", then what in God's name would be a 3-3??

Perry played a lot of the Chicago game with his hand in the dirt, i.e. as a DL - which is where he belongs.

The only problem I have the alignment that you posted there is that Hawk is still on the field... I'd much rather see Neal in Matthews spot, and Matthews playing the middle where Hawk is, and Hawk standing on the sideline along with Brad Jones.
    This is still a debate about down lineman versus defensive lineman. Perry is down, but he is not a defensive lineman. He is a OLB.

However, I do agree that with Perry inside the O Tackle, his role and responsibilities here, hand in dirt or not, are likely to be down lineman like. But they have used this formation less than 20 times in three games.

Problem with Neal for Matthews is that you limit your pass rush.

Also, Bear front was versus Eagles not Bears.
    Last edited by pbmax; 11-29-2014 at 01:26 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.