Thread: 2015 Packers Training Camp and Triage Center

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    There was discussion earlier in this thread about why Rodgers' INT's were up in camp. We have our answer.

MM was leaking signals to the defense in an effort to improve their communication and IQ.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...rthy/71280854/
    great, so the defense hasn't improved, they're just cheating

can't wait for them all to stand around and look at each other after the first long touchdown is given up with all the younger guys wondering why they weren't told the other teams play

part of practice is letting the defense learn how to read and react. tough to learn that when they don't have to do it

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

can't wait for them all to stand around and look at each other after the first long touchdown is given up with all the younger guys wondering why they weren't told the other teams play

part of practice is letting the defense learn how to read and react. tough to learn that when they don't have to do it
    Really depends on what he told them. If he gave them the Packer calls, then they are cheating. If he told them how to read a an offense pre snap, then it might be legit. The article doesn't say if he gave them the checks, or how to know dummy calls. I kinda doubt he did that. Would be useless during the season.

I love that he is doing this, but I hope is systemic and an interactive approach. If its a one off, noticed this on film, here is a hint, then it might be of limited use during the season. Might even get them caught looking for a certain play or player. If he is teaching the defense how to read the offense like the O normally does in reverse, it might lead to better audibles if the Packer D alignment calls can be used quickly.

Could also help the D get into the most favorable alignment without making a call. If you don't want the Seahawks to pull in a TE to block, you might refrain from making an alignment adjustment because your film study plus knowledge of the QB tells you that will happen if you drop a safety to a Robber spot versus 1 RB, 2TE, 1 WR
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

You can't expect a different outcome when they keep doing the same thing (Capers)...