Thread: Perry Signed: Five Years

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Wonder if people still doubt he wants to be an OLB?
    Wonder if Ted will be bold beyond the Captain Obvious.
    Cook is coming back; Lang Maybe. House probably.

Dear Ted, go find us another pass rusher or a real starting CB before the draft.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

Dear Ted, go find us another pass rusher or a real starting CB before the draft.
    Don't hold your breath on any of these scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

Bretsky, this draft is so deep at corner that even Matt Millen could close his eyes and get a starter in the fourth round. Why pay a vet bigger money? You could invest that in Cook.

I'm glad Perry is back, but I totally understand Nutz's point of view. You had, last year, a really, really shitty defense. 31st against the pass, I think? Yes, corner was a large part of the problem. Sure. But you couldn't get any pressure on any QB's anyway. So now you've got about 23 million a year wrapped up in two OLB's (Matthews and Perry) who were part of this 31st ranked pass defense. I know, I know, how bad would it have been without them? But this team's defense needs playmakers, disrupters, and while Perry is steady and holds the edge and gets some sacks, well, he's not a disrupter.

Which is why I wave bye-bye to Micah Hyde. Nice guy, solid, available, etc, but always two steps behind the receiver/tight end/running back. He tackled well but he didn't break up many passes. Not a difference maker, and that is what this defense needs.

Ted is just not very good at drafting pas rushers. I wish he'd let someone else make those picks.

And if I read any off-season stories about how Damarious Randall or Rollins feels "misunderstood" or that they thought all the criticism was unfair or that they don't care what anyone says, they played pretty well last year considering their injuries, I'm going to throw up.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Bretsky, this draft is so deep at corner that even Matt Millen could close his eyes and get a starter in the fourth round. Why pay a vet bigger money? You could invest that in Cook.

I'm glad Perry is back, but I totally understand Nutz's point of view. You had, last year, a really, really shitty defense. 31st against the pass, I think? Yes, corner was a large part of the problem. Sure. But you couldn't get any pressure on any QB's anyway. So now you've got about 23 million a year wrapped up in two OLB's (Matthews and Perry) who were part of this 31st ranked pass defense. I know, I know, how bad would it have been without them? But this team's defense needs playmakers, disrupters, and while Perry is steady and holds the edge and gets some sacks, well, he's not a disrupter.

Which is why I wave bye-bye to Micah Hyde. Nice guy, solid, available, etc, but always two steps behind the receiver/tight end/running back. He tackled well but he didn't break up many passes. Not a difference maker, and that is what this defense needs.

Ted is just not very good at drafting pas rushers. I wish he'd let someone else make those picks.

And if I read any off-season stories about how Damarious Randall or Rollins feels "misunderstood" or that they thought all the criticism was unfair or that they don't care what anyone says, they played pretty well last year considering their injuries, I'm going to throw up.

Plz note I said.....Grow some balls and get a vet starting caliber pass rusher OR cb. ONE or the OTHER.....not just rely fully on draft and develop. Show a bit of urgency. AROD is no getting any younger...Connow Barwin is a captain obvious option to be very excited about. IF we suck at drafting pass rushers go sign another one.

Of course after years is disappointment during FA I expect next to nothing.

I'm fineif they wait and expect to get a CB in round one. There will be some stellar OLB there at 29 too IMO. We should have a great prospects to choose from at 29.

And TT won't fuck up enough to let Cook go. Dude wants to come back. We're securing Cook...not doing that would ba motherload of a fuck up by TT and he knows that....I can go either way on Lang.......we can bring him back; we can use those funds for a pass rusher
    An Hde...thx for the service but see ya for that money.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?