View Poll Results: What should Green Bay do with Mike Mccarthy ??

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dude is a good coach. Keep Him !!

9 32.14%
  • More change is needed. Fire Him

2 7.14%
  • Hire the GM, and Give him time to decide

17 60.71%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: WHAT SHOULD WE DO WITH MIKE MCCARTHY ???

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I've never been one to sell out to the TRUTH
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I’d like to know just when during this shitshow of a season, someone decided to reward m3 with another year on his contract

I hope it was during the first 5 games, because the last 11 were not worth rewarding
    i don't have a problem with it. the new gm can let him go after next year, if he wants, with a little token of the organization's esteem...a year's salary.

I don't understand how this is any different than Sherman's situation. Except the odds of McCarthy surviving are better because the team is better and he was not formerly the GM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

disorganization? everything runs like clockwork at 1265. from all accounts TT ran things with an iron fist. it was his way only. just look at Highsmith's recent comments, or the way MM exploded when he got a followup Kaepernick question. the only thing that was disorganized was the defensive backfield lol. i think EVERYONE there are going to be a lot happier now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    They should be. Whoever the new GM is, he's going to need to spend the bulk of his time getting ready for free agency and the draft. Not interviewing head coaching candidates.
    This was my 20,000th post. 8th member in the 20,000 club. Patler is next in line.

This was my 20,000th post. 8th member in the 20,000 club. Patler is next in line.
    Congrats. There is no reward program though.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

CONGRATULATIONS !

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    To be in compliance with your needs I Edited the word ' Bullshit ' in my above Post Zool.

I TRUST that pleases you.
    Your hypocracy knows no bounds. Your posting on the other hand knows no....what’s the word....intelligibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Your hypocracy knows no bounds. Your posting on the other hand knows no....what’s the word....intelligibility.
    woodbuck27:

Join Date ... Mar 2006; Location : Canada; Posts: 28,629

ZOOL: I'm sure trying and I must try harder to please you.

(Thinking)

Should that be a primary focus of my life; or is it really this?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/f...b4019cbcb.html

PACKERS | NOTES

Packers: Mike McCarthy received 1-year contract extension during season

JASON WILDE For the State Journal Jan 3, 2018

" Murphy confirmed what ESPN.com reported earlier Tuesday and an NFL source confirmed to the State Journal, that the Packers had signed McCarthy to a one-year contract extension during the season. Believed to have been in December, the deal extended McCarthy through the 2019 season and prevented him from being a lame-duck coach next year.

“Ted made the decision and I was involved as well,” Murphy said. “During the season, we gave Mike a one-year extension.”

That extension wouldn’t preclude a new GM from hiring a new head coach after next season "

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I think we should try and lure MM to an Old Country Buffett in the GB area and have a representation of PackerRats there to discuss the team situation with him. We can block him from seconds, thirds and fourths until he listens to us and answers our questions.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    McCarthy said he will interview both internal and external candidates for the defensive coordinator position. He expects the interview to start quickly.

Twitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    McCarthy said he will continue to call plays even with the shakeup on the offensive coaching staff, and specifically the redefinition of the offensive coordinator role.

Twitter
    Ryan Wood
    @ByRyanWood
    McCarthy says he's continuing to talk with Edgar Bennett about retaining him on staff, but he won't be the #Packers offensive coordinator. AVP also gone as his contract expired, and he's looking for new opportunities.

Twitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Add #Packers CBs coach Joe Whitt to list of in-house candidates being interviewed for defensive coordinator’s job. Also Darren Perry and possibly Winston Moss.

Twitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    McCarthy not committing to keeping the 3-4 scheme. "How we communicate and structure player acquisition — particularly through the draft — and how we fit it to our defense, that's really my focal point."

Twitter
    Ryan Wood
    @ByRyanWood
    McCarthy acknowledges #Packers "are having guys play a little bit too soon," but he believes that's consistent throughout the league.

Twitter
    Ryan Wood
    @ByRyanWood
    McCarthy asked how he feels about his job security with new GM coming in: "It's fit. I'm very comfortable with where I am in my career. Frankly, I'm more concentrated on the fit of the GM. And fit is a two-way street. It has to fit together."

Twitter
    Ryan Wood
    @ByRyanWood
    McCarthy says Aaron Rodgers' input "is very important" during this time, but "players play and coaches coach."

"I clearly understand where Aaron is in his career, the magnitude of what he brings to our organization. But it would be ignorant to put any of these changes on him."

Twitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    McCarthy says philosophically it's important for the defensive coordinator to be part of the hiring process for assistant coaches. So if the DC is an external candidate, McCarthy will talk to him about that possibility

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    McCarthy said Ball's resume is diverse and has done a lot of really good things. But to be fair, they're all good candidates. Said he's very familiar with Ball.

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    McCarthy on Hundley: "I think lot of good things Brett did. A lot of things highlighted and blown out of proportion that didn't go right. He made significant improvement. I felt he should have been better prepared for the situation. But once he got his opportunity, he maxed out.

Twitter
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    McCarthy says he's very "comfortable, confident and appreciative" of his involvement in the GM hiring process.

Twitter
    Ryan Wood
    @ByRyanWood
    McCarthy on how he feels about his role in #Packers GM search: "I'm very comfortable, confident and appreciative of my position in the process."

Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    McCarthy says Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was disappointed in the way he played this season. Clinton-Dix wants to be a bigger part of the leadership group moving forward.

Twitter
    Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    McCarthy said there was a common theme among players that there needs to be more leadership in the locker room.

ichael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    McCarthy says he told Damarious Randall to focus on himself heading into next season. "He needs to go home and self-evaluate and clean his own house. We all need to clean our own house." Randall was very vocal about some of the issues on defense.

Did anyone catch the second line of questioning about defense? M3 said frankly, whatever else is happening, the defense needs to outplay the offense.

Radio was all over this like it was a burning bush. “Can you imagine the Packers with a defense like the Vikings?” They took it to mean M3 was changing the organizational mission to make the packer defense outplay the packer offense.

But I took it to mean the defense has got to win its matchup weekly regardless of scheme, injury or youth.

Opinions?

I, too, took it to mean the Packers D needed to out play the Packers O which was a "Wut?" Moment. Reading your post, it makes more sense that M3 meant the Packers D needs to be better than the opponents O.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Did anyone catch the second line of questioning about defense? M3 said frankly, whatever else is happening, the defense needs to outplay the offense.

Radio was all over this like it was a burning bush. “Can you imagine the Packers with a defense like the Vikings?” They took it to mean M3 was changing the organizational mission to make the packer defense outplay the packer offense.

But I took it to mean the defense has got to win its matchup weekly regardless of scheme, injury or youth.

Opinions?
    I think your take is right. I was initially surprised by what he said, but your take makes more sense.

" I felt he should have been better prepared for the situation."

That is why the OC and QB coach will change.

Makes me think M3 delegates more of the offense than we assume. His QB involvement may be limited to offseason. Who knows, but it's interesting.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Here's a link if anyone wants to watch the PC. https://www.pscp.tv/w/1mrGmZQbwPNJy

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    " I felt he should have been better prepared for the situation."

That is why the OC and QB coach will change.

Makes me think M3 delegates more of the offense than we assume. His QB involvement may be limited to offseason. Who knows, but it's interesting.
    after 10 weeks of preparation he still sucked...badly. the game moves too fast for him. he shouldn't have been out there...on the 53 even. should have had a vet backup. that's on TT.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    after 10 weeks of preparation he still sucked...badly. the game moves too fast for him. he shouldn't have been out there...on the 53 even. should have had a vet backup. that's on TT.
    That one hung in the air. I don't know what McCarthy thought he was selling by talking about improvement after his start. And I am not being snarky, I would love to know what he saw outside of a couple of games.

Taking the press conference all in, I am 100% convinced he is going for a wicked simple defensive system and a coach that has a track record plugging in inexperienced pieces.