Thread: Randall & Rollins; or Rollins & Randall ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Randall is the guy you will be noticing missing a lot of tackles and getting burned.

Rollins is the more physically talented, less experienced guy that everyone will be saying should be on the field instead Randall.

Does that help??
    Rollins already has the upper hand according to SPH. Will see playing time at slot behind Hyde.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Rollins already has the upper hand according to SPH. Will see playing time at slot behind Hyde.
    Good to know Capers has wist's back.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Good to know Capers has wist's back.
    All rookies have to prove it on the field of course, but Randall was a major reach.

There was a lot of talk that other teams liked him in the 1st round, but I sure never saw it on any tape I watched, and mid-season and into the post-season he was considered a mid-late round pick.

He flashes plays when he's facing the LOS, which is most of what you see on tape b/c they had him playing S most of the time; but to project him outside?? and think he can turn and run with elite receivers in the NFL?? That is a huge leap of faith by TT and Capers.

Add to that the guy tackles like a Barbie Doll, and you have the makeup of a mid-round pick. He's going to struggle mightily at the next level, especially if they try to play him outside.

TT and Capers will never change though... tackling and forcing punts aren't as sexy as picks.
    wist

TT and Capers will never change though... tackling and forcing punts aren't as sexy as picks.
    I prefer turnovers to punts or tackles, but what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    I prefer turnovers to punts or tackles, but what do I know?
    Well, you've certainly been getting what you want, that's for sure - at least in terms of poor tackling and not being able to get off the field.

We annually have one of the worst run defenses in the league, and we're known for being a soft, poor tackling team.
    wist

All rookies have to prove it on the field of course, but Randall was a major reach.

There was a lot of talk that other teams liked him in the 1st round, but I sure never saw it on any tape I watched, and mid-season and into the post-season he was considered a mid-late round pick.

He flashes plays when he's facing the LOS, which is most of what you see on tape b/c they had him playing S most of the time; but to project him outside?? and think he can turn and run with elite receivers in the NFL?? That is a huge leap of faith by TT and Capers.

Add to that the guy tackles like a Barbie Doll, and you have the makeup of a mid-round pick. He's going to struggle mightily at the next level, especially if they try to play him outside.

Who else would you have taken at that spot if not Randall? Stephone Anthony?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Who else would you have taken at that spot if not Randall? Stephone Anthony?
    Anthony would have been much better than Randall - just about any of the options available at positions of need would have been better than Randall. He is not a natural corner, and he certainly isn't very well suited to play outside; and as everyone has mentioned, he can't tackle - just a terrible, terrible tackler.

Anthony, I like McKinney a lot - and as for corners, I certainly like Rowe a hell of a lot more than Randall.

I see Randall as a mid-round player - he simply has too many deficiencies to be a 1st rounder. He does have the one thing that TT and Capers value though - good hands and decent ball skills.

So if he gives up a TD and 2 FG's per game b/c of missed tackles and bad angles, not to mention all of the extra run yardage he allows - do the 5 picks he has per year balance that??
    wist

Was Wist right?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Was Wist right?
    No because man coverage* is the thing he does the best. Having been a safety doesn't seem to have given him good reactions to the ball when facing the LOS.

*relatively speaking
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.