View Poll Results: What is a fair profit for an average NFL owner?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • $0 - They make their money when they sell the team.

1 3.45%
  • $10 M max. Similar to players on their second contract

0 0%
  • $10 - $20 M. Like a top line veteran player

0 0%
  • $20 - 30 M. As much as the highest paid players

2 6.90%
  • $30 - 40 M. A bit more than the top players

2 6.90%
  • $40 M+. Its a huge investments in a wildly successful business. A solid return is deserved.

24 82.76%

Thread: What is a fair profit for an NFL owner?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    And how can you make this statement? How can you use all of that wonderful business school education and determine ROI in the NFL? The owners have not once stated a number for their profits. That seems to be a critical number to calculate ROI. In fact, gross income numbers aren't used to calculate ROI so the one number we know for sure isn't useful to determine ROI. Just looking at the values of the franchises you can see how much owners will make on the sale of their teams without looking at yearly profit/loss.

I am a CPA and I can't tell you the ROI for the owners without looking at the books.
    2 points. The owners offered to let a third party examine actual numbers. They might even choose you if you can be trusted not to leak it to the press. What are the odds the NFLPA would not leak it to the press if they were given the information?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    2 points. The owners offered to let a third party examine actual numbers. They might even choose you if you can be trusted not to leak it to the press. What are the odds the NFLPA would not leak it to the press if they were given the information?
    The owners have probably offered to let a 3rd party look at some numbers, not the actual numbers behind the summaries. No one seems to know which numbers they were, but its clear it wasn't the full picture.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    About 0%. I expect if the owner's opened up their books to the NFLPA itself, I would fully expect to see the Dallas Cowboy's general ledger being tweeted, one entry at a time, from the bathroom in the hallway outside the meeting room.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...