Thread: More Banjo: Week 4 vs. New Orleans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    Let's face it. In this game, Hundley was not ready for prime time. Jones, on the other hand, looks to be the real deal.
    To me, both of these items are critical indictments on McCarthy's ability as a head coach.

Hundley was supposed to be a great young QB who could step in and do just as well as Matt Flynn used to. If you have to dial up a game plan that looked more like one from 100 years ago for your #2 QB, then you have the wrong #2 QB. I don't give a crap about the OL or anything else...the Packers are playing to win, and it is basically impossible to win in the modern NFL with only a handful of throws more than 10-15 yards downfield. So McCarthy set the team up for failure.

Jones started the season stashed way down the depth chart, yet he clearly is the best RB we have on the roster. McCarthy wasn't able to see that before injuries finally gave Jones a chance on the field? Either Jones only shows up to play on Sundays (doubtful) or McCarthy does not have the ability to identify talent very well at the RB position.

I think the rest of this season is going to be very poor...because McCarthy really isn't that good of a coach. Rodgers may only get 1 SB appearance in his entire career...and if that happens, I put the entire blame on Stubby.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    To me, both of these items are critical indictments on McCarthy's ability as a head coach.

Hundley was supposed to be a great young QB who could step in and do just as well as Matt Flynn used to. If you have to dial up a game plan that looked more like one from 100 years ago for your #2 QB, then you have the wrong #2 QB. I don't give a crap about the OL or anything else...the Packers are playing to win, and it is basically impossible to win in the modern NFL with only a handful of throws more than 10-15 yards downfield. So McCarthy set the team up for failure.

Jones started the season stashed way down the depth chart, yet he clearly is the best RB we have on the roster. McCarthy wasn't able to see that before injuries finally gave Jones a chance on the field? Either Jones only shows up to play on Sundays (doubtful) or McCarthy does not have the ability to identify talent very well at the RB position.

I think the rest of this season is going to be very poor...because McCarthy really isn't that good of a coach. Rodgers may only get 1 SB appearance in his entire career...and if that happens, I put the entire blame on Stubby.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Want to hear the most annoying sound in the world?

579!

(Capers feels left out)
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Not sure I agree with this. I think it will take a minimum of 4 games to get Hundley playing at full speed. I can't blame MM that Rodgers was taking 100% of the snaps during the season and Hundley only takes scout team snaps. The only game action Hundley has had is preseason in 2 of the 3 prior years against vanilla defenses playing mainly with our backups. The CBA even limits practice reps before the season and during the season. We'll have a better feel for Hundley around the Ravens or Steelers game.

Also, I think Jones didn't play because his pass protection was not supposed to be as good as Williams. Montgomery is the more dynamic receiver and with Rodgers at QB, the more dynamic receiver would be preferred. I think our needs have changed since Rodgers' injury. Now we need the more explosive runner to take pressure off Hundley.