Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Packers v Steelers Gameday Thread

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    So you sat there and said yeah stubby a 58 yard FG is a great idea? BS, you screamed at the tv that he should punt, just as 99% of all Packer fans did.
    yep. It's a head scratcher. I'm betting he'll say it was based on how far Crosby was kicking in the pre-game. The other kicker did hit a 53 yarder and Crosby has a better leg.

IT was a momentum changer, but the Packers responded and almost almost...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Was a fun game yo watch, incredibly suprised we were not embarrassed, one thing is obvious Capers is done.
    Why is that obvious from this game? Pitt has put up bigger numbers against other teams...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

So you sat there and said yeah stubby a 58 yard FG is a great idea? BS, you screamed at the tv that he should punt, just as 99% of all Packer fans did.
    Things are obvious except for ThunderDan and this Guy:

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Look back at this thread. I said they were out of FG range after the 2nd sack.

Yup, bad choice. And somehow we were in the game. You can’t have it both ways. If bad plays are MMS fault then good plays are MMs credit.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I wasn't really very excited when they tied the game up at 28 because I was pretty sure the defense couldn't stop them. Only a great play by Brown made me right. Damn.

Absolutely. I thought it was a bad call. But, I also thought they should come out running the ball when they scored the TD that tied the game. I didn't think throwing the ball would get us 6 first downs and a tie game. He did, so he gets all the credit for that.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Things are obvious except for ThunderDan and this Guy:

How is Trestman doing in Chicago? He was going to bring the Bears back to relavence.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Pittsburgh didn't show up for the game... an embarrassing performance for them.

Green Bay is absolutely one of the worst teams in the league, and to almost lose at home to them should be a wake up call for the Steelers. Can't consider the steelers a contender if that's all they can manage against the Packers.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    oh go piss off

Green Bay is absolutely one of the worst teams in the league, and to almost lose at home to them should be a wake up call for the Steelers. Can't consider the steelers a contender if that's all they can manage against the Packers.
    Pittsburgh defense is terrible to get run off the field by a backup qb and third string rb.
    Go PACK

Or maybe the pack played well as they often do as road dogs under M3?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    How is Trestman doing in Chicago? He was going to bring the Bears back to relavence.
    Arn't you off topic?

Ohh yes you are.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Pittsburgh defense is terrible to get run off the field by a backup qb and third string rb.
    They had a lot of busted coverages... looked to me like they weren't focused - counting the W, and looking ahead.

As for Green Bay... it's obvious none of the LB'ers can play. Regardless of how bad dunderdummy is it was painfully obvious that Ryan, Martinez, and Fackrell have no business in an NFL starting lineup.

The secondary is also woefully lacking in talent. Most of those guys need to be brushing up on their bartender skills.

Just an awful mess on the defensive side of the ball.
    wist

They had a lot of busted coverages... looked to me like they weren't focused - counting the W, and looking ahead.
    That is how they have played all season long. They lead the league in long pass plays given up according to NBC.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Every once in awhile the Steelers will show you a poor performance as we saw tonight.

That poor performance makes a bad team like the Green Bay Packers look almost Mighty.

Question for you Coach Mike McCarthy:

Why is Jordy Nelson seemingly obsolete now? Is he going to be your Secret Weapon Vs Cleveland?

Uhh !?

Every once in awhile the Steelers will show you a poor performance as we saw tonight.

That poor performance makes a bad team like the Green Bay Packers look almost Mighty.
    looks like anTT has found it's meme.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Arn't you off topic?

Ohh yes you are.
    I mean you know so much about coaching and MM. How could you be wrong about other coaches?

-Tim Harmston

Question for you Coach Mike McCarthy:

Why is Jordy Nelson seemingly obsolete now? Is he going to be your Secret Weapon Vs Cleveland?

Uhh !?
    The majority of jordy big plays with Rodgers were extended plays with his chemistry with Rodgers was evident. He doesn't have that chemistry with hundley. Also.. when hundley does throw on time he's going to our most explosive wr, Adams.
    Go PACK

I just cannot imagine seeing the Packers cut Jordy but I also don't see him being worth it at 10M next year. Probably carry him and eat the cashola for the PR.

Its like dealing with non-Rastak, non-MNGolf Vikings fans. According to them the Vikings have never lost a game due to poor play; it was all due to timing, injuries, the League and the refs conspiring against them.

McCarthy must at all times be terrible, no matter the result.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.