Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
His 5 years as DC, his defenses finished in he top ten every year. That doesn't happen because you have 1 shutdown corner.
Calling Revis just a shut down corner is selling him short. He is arguably the best corner to play the game. You could easily get the top 10 every year by virtue of having a single player like Revis. That's like having a top 10 offense annually with Rodgers. It's almost a sure thing.

Gotta say, I don't love this hire. I would have preferred to go with somebody from the Gus Bradley cover 3 school of thought. I want a simple defense than enables players to play fast and not think so much. If this dude's defense requires veterans, good luck stuck the roster with fast and explosive vets. That would get expensive in a hurry and the offense would suffer.

In general, simplify and do less. I want people just reacting instead of thinking and flying around. No need to get cute and try to out fox the opponent. If you don't have the horses and can't beat a team straight up, then you need to get better talent.