Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I get the complaints about the Packers. What I don't get are this board's goofy solutions: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-and-reaction

Williams, 33, signed with the Browns in 2015 after an eight-year run with the Green Bay Packers. He played in 27 of a possible 32 games, starting 22. Browns coach Hue Jackson benched Williams in favor of Jamar Taylor in 2016; he started just seven of his 12 appearances after being a starter for all 15 in 2015.

The Browns experimented with playing Williams at safety late in the season.

"I like to see the ball and at this point in my career at the safety position probably, you would definitely be able to see the ball," Williams told reporters. "I like picks."

Williams finished 2016 with 36 tackles and one interception. He had just two total as a Brown after posting multiple interceptions in his last seven seasons in Green Bay.

If he gets a look with another NFL team, Williams' move to safety may become permanent. Pro Football Focus graded him as just the 74th-best cornerback in the NFL last season.
    He couldn't start at cornerback for the Browns. Not even in nickel or inside. 74th rated. He might need to move to safety. He is old and unless the laws of time have been suspended, he is getting older and not better. He is a terrible player right now.
    Last edited by pbmax; 02-08-2017 at 09:46 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.