Thread: Predict the cut down to 75

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    You might see some of these back on PS in a week. An article at the start of camp said some GMs use the first cut for players they want to "sneak" onto PS. No one is looking to claim players this week, with so many cuts to be made between now and the final cutdown. By and large everyone cut now will clear waivers. Then it comes down to where a player WANTS to go.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hubbard, Blanchard and one of the OTs back.
    Is Blanchard even eligible? This is his 4th training camp. If so, I'm not sure they'll resign him. Four QBs in the organization is a lot. With Tolzien being a UFA next year maybe they will though. I'm guessing this is the last we see of Hubbard.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Is Blanchard even eligible? This is his 4th training camp. If so, I'm not sure they'll resign him. Four QBs in the organization is a lot. With Tolzien being a UFA next year maybe they will though. I'm guessing this is the last we see of Hubbard.
    I think Blanchard is eligible, but I'm not positive. I think he spent parts of just two seasons on PS squads, so would be eligible for a third so long as the active roster stays at a full 53. With PS squads now increased to 10 players, keeping a 4th QB for development might make some sense for backup when Tolzien and maybe even Hundley are gone in a year or two.

You might be right about Hubbard. My thought was that physical specimens like him tend to be given more than their fair share of opportunities, and early in camp he reportedly showed significant improvement. He had been considered a high round draft prospect until the medical concern about his heart came up.
    Last edited by Patler; 09-02-2015 at 06:01 AM.

I think Blanchard is eligible, but I'm not positive. I think he spent parts of just two seasons on PS squads, so would be eligible for a third so long as the active roster stays at a full 53. With PS squads now increased to 10 players, keeping a 4th QB for development might make some sense for backup when Tolzien and maybe even Hundley are gone in a year or two.

You might be right about Hubbard. My thought was that physical specimens like him tend to be given more than their fair share of opportunities, and early in camp he reportedly showed significant improvement. He had been considered a high round draft prospect until the medical concern about his heart came up.

Are you saying he lacked heart?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

So I missed on Hubbard, Blanchard and Butler, and they kept Abbrederis, Alonzo Harris, and two of the guys on my maybe list, Tay Glover-Wright and Andy Phillips.

I really didn't see Blanchard or Butler coming, but in retrospect, Hubbard makes sense.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Are you saying he lacked heart?
    Nope, just the opposite; too much heart, as in overly large physically. Scared teams off until expert cardiologists cleared him. Unfortunately, that came after the draft, according to Hubbard, anyway.

Blog Entries

I heard all that stuff about Hubbard having a great camp, too. Then I saw him plodding, lost, and out to lunch all the time. I think they would've given him a shot if he flashed, but very little of that happened.