JSO Camp reports:

■ Typically, the Packers let their cornerbacks settle in on one side or the other, but first-round pick Damarious Randall played a good dose of both left and right. He replaced Shields on the plays the veteran was out.

■ The Packers have used Micah Hyde first and Randall Cobb second in punt return drills through two practices. Rookie Ty Montgomery, who returned two punts for touchdowns last season at Stanford, has worked with the punt rush team. He is expected to be in the mix on kickoff returns.

I'LL ADMIT THAT WHEN M3 TRIES TO REINVENT THE WHEEL WITH SOME NEW PLAYERS, IT DRIVES ME CRAZY. BUT HYDE PROBABLY MAKES THIS SENSIBLE.

Last year, he played inside mostly in the nickel package, but toward the end of the season when it was clear Hawk had nothing left, he started receiving snaps in the base 3-4 as well. Before he left with an injury, Matthews played 25 of 43 snaps inside against the Seahawks in the final game.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...320359611.html

SOMEONE ON THE BOARD ASKED THIS QUESTION YESTERDAY. AM I WRONG, OR IS SPOON CONFUSED? MATTHEWS, PUTTING ASIDE NASCAR OR THE 4-3, WAS INSIDE ONLY AS A ROVING BLITZER BEFORE THE BYE WEEK. AFTER THE BYE WEEK, HE WAS STARTING INSIDE IN BASE, MOVING BACK TO OUTSIDE ONLY FOR OBVIOUS PASSING SITUATIONS.