Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I imagine that the Senior Bowl and Combine meets look exactly like everyone else's.

But they reserve the GB visits for the back end of the draft. There is just not as much coverage.

You aren't going to see this Tweet about the Packers having a Guard from Wyoming in for a visit.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 41s42 seconds ago
    If this is an indication of his draft stock… #Temple LB/edge player Hassan Reddick is visiting the #Jaguars today, source said. They pick 4.
    the page seems to be working again

http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

as you can see, we've met with 22 guys, 5 of those are RB 's

for comparison sake, houston has met with over 50 guy, the lions have met with 107, new england met with 44

so it looks like TT is fully locked away in his draft bunker that he's probably been in since may of last year, watching his tapes

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    the page seems to be working again

http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

as you can see, we've met with 22 guys, 5 of those are RB 's
    But Walter Football doesn't report this by staking out each team. They are relying on press and agent reports. The Packers aren't advertising anything. Additionally,

The NFL has strict rules for these visits. Each team can bring no more than 30 players to its facility, and no on-field testing or timing is allowed, only blackboard work or written tests.
    So you are telling me that the Packers not only did not fill their allotment at the Senior Bowl or Combine, but they haven't even sent invitations to 30 players for visits?

That does against all previous history about Ted at both the Senior Bowl, the Combine and the pre-draft visits. These lists are incomplete.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.